Sign in to follow this  

Anybody Dual-sported their CRF250X?

I was wondering if anybody has dual-sported their 250x and if so, which manufacture's kit. I am thinking about purchasing a CRF450X to DS and wondering what my options are? And as long as we are on the subject, any thoughts on how the CRF450X will stack against the WR450F.

R.J.

Navarre, Fl.

I have a Baja kit on mine. I like the tail light/plate mount, but I don't like the looks of the front headlight/blinkers.

I think the Dakar kit looks a lot better. Plus some tail lights that don't stick out would be nice.

I second the Trick Kit, Looks really nice 😢 It is also very lightweight. I had a baja kit on my xr650r and it added 7-8 pounds to the bike. The Trick Dual Sport Kit is just slightly heavier than the stock headlight (4oz. maybe???).

I only went as far as Baja rear light w/ license plate holder $55(cool look w/ 2 LED's), $12 mirror, and a $12 brake pressure switch. I have been running some of the Suzuki DS series in the Northeast. Some are pretty technical, and all of that extra stuff in the kits is not required(maybe for your State registration). Otherwise, the risk of breaking all the items and extra weight is not worth the cost to me.

450X. If the suspension is as good as the 250X. You cannot go wrong. The extra HP will be welcomed in passing and hill climbs. Not sure about any extra weight though. Have not ridden the wr450.

I put the Baja Designs dual sport kit on mine and am very happy with it. I mounted the rear signals using White Brothers light savers to keep them tucked out of the way.

New York requires a mirror and a speedo as well, so I used the Ken Seans mirror from Baja Designs and a speedo from a Yamaha XT-350, which bolted on in place of the stock odometer.

Bob