upgrade 99WR to 01 WR

I thought I would pose this question to the grue experts before I go and get a sales pitch at a dealership.

I have a 99WR that I have taken good care of and it runs great, however I am feeling the need to trade it in for a 2001 model. Don't ask me why, I think its just a need for new toys. What would I gain by the trade besided shiny new pastic.

Sqave your cash Dude. If you want, send your suspension off to mx-tech. Go for the 420 big bore kit through Eric Gorr. This will be under $1000, total.

Or just wait until Yamaha re-vamps the WR in 2003 and Honda's 450XR-R (?) is released and magazine tested.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Exactly what Kevin said. Save your money for a BIG change, like the bike loosing 20 pounds.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Yhea, if you have too, just get the 01 seat and some 426 stickers, no one will know the differance! :)

If you've taken good care of it, and it runs well--don't worry about it. Yup, wait for a drastic improvement. Or spend some cash on the one you have now that you KNOW you'll be able to transfer parts over to a new bike. Seat/tank,damper, bars, guards, pipe etc

Some new bearings, tires and TLC will make the bike feel new again.

I bitched and moaned when my riding partner bought a 01 WR426. I thought he'd walk away from me on my 99 WR400. My fears were unfounded and we are both having a great time trading paint at every corner. Save your money if the bike runs great. The additional benefits are nominal. Don't get me wrong, the WR426 kicks butt and a nice new bike is always great.