Sign in to follow this  

price on 05 ktm 450exc?

anybody buy one lately?just checking so I know the going price before I go shopping.

I bought my 05 450 EXC for $6,995 OTD. But you are in California so add sales tax to that price

Everyone says no way, but I got it on paper with signature. 6200 out the door 140 shipped.

Found a left over 04 for 5600 outfitted and set for my weight.

Get your list of local dealers and make 10 phone calls. You will be amazed.

My local dealer wanted over 8k then add the options. Come on have you heard of INTERNET.

I havn't had a whole lot of seat time in on my new KTM and im still in the break in process but I will give my 2 cents so far.

I had sold my 02 CRF450 and bought a new 05 450E. What I can say is, I can't tell the weight difference at all, like most people say the weight is carried extremely low and it is. As far as cornering goes my old CRF wins hand down, riding the ktm will take some getting use too but I havn't set up my suspendion for my weight yet 6'1 213. I could tell my new ktm has allot more grunt down low then the old crf. The ktm is like a tractor, electric smoothe but has the oomph when you need it. When I bought my ktm I was a little worried about the difference in power of the two but then I threw a leg over the ktm it has plenty of it, I could still do wheelies in third gear no problem. But as you can tell once you get the crf in the mid range it clearly is more powerfull then the exc. I love the gearing on the ktm over the crf 1st on the ktm is very close togeather for the tight stuff and 2'nd and up is better for the opea. One thing you are going to have to get use to is the engine breaking on ktm over the crf. The ktm has a significant more amount then crf but you will get use to it over time. The ktm is way better then the honda in fit and finish. What can you say steel braided brake lines easy to get to airfiler, Twin air filter, excel rims, odometer. You pay for it but it is money well spent. So far I could honestly say I love my 450E and will never go back to the CRF. Good Luck 😢

I havn't had a whole lot of seat time in on my new KTM and im still in the break in process but I will give my 2 cents so far.

I had sold my 02 CRF450 and bought a new 05 450E. What I can say is, I can't tell the weight difference at all, like most people say the weight is carried extremely low and it is. As far as cornering goes my old CRF wins hand down, riding the ktm will take some getting use too but I havn't set up my suspendion for my weight yet 6'1 213. I could tell my new ktm has allot more grunt down low then the old crf. The ktm is like a tractor, electric smoothe but has the oomph when you need it. When I bought my ktm I was a little worried about the difference in power of the two but then I threw a leg over the ktm it has plenty of it I could still do wheelies in third gear no problem. But as you can tell once you get the crf in the mid range it clearly is more powerfull then the exc. I love the gearing on the ktm over the crf 1st on the ktm is very close togeather for the tight stuff and 2'nd and up is better for the opea. One thing you are going to have to get use to is the engine breaking on ktm over the crf. The ktm has a significant more amount then crf but you will get use to it over time. The ktm is way better then the honda in fit and finish. What can you say steel braided brake lines easy to get to airfiler, Twin air filter, excel rims, odometer. You pay for it but it is money well spent. So far I could honestly say I love my 450E and will never go back to the CRF. Good Luck 😢

I had sold my 02 CRF450 and bought a new 05 450E. What I can say is, I can't tell the weight difference at all, like most people say the weight is carried extremely low and it is. As far as cornering goes my old CRF wins hand down, riding the ktm will take some getting use too but I haven't set up my suspendion my weight yet 6'1 213. I could tell my new ktm has allot more grunt down low then the old crf. The ktm is like a tractor, electric smoothe but has the oomph when you need it. When I bought my ktm I was a little worried about the difference in power of the two but then I threw a leg over the ktm it has plenty of it, I could still do wheelies in third gear no problem. But as you can tell once you get the crf in the mid range it clearly is more powerfull then the exc. I love the gearing on the ktm over the crf 1st on the ktm is very close togeather for the tight stuff and 2'nd and up is better for the opea. One thing you are going to have to get use to is the engine breaking on ktm over the crf. The ktm has a significant more amount then crf but you will get use to it over time. The ktm is way better then the honda in fit and finish. What can you say steel braided brake lines easy to get to airfiler, Twin air filter, excel rims, odometer. You pay for it but it is money well spent. So far I could honestly say I love my 450E and will never go back to the CRF. Good Luck 😢

Sonic,

You're in for a big surprise, once you get the sag set for your weight. My 05 525 definitely turns better than my 03 CRF did.

I was a little frustrated with the engine braking at first, too. I turned the idle up a little it and now I come into corners a gear higher and I am happy again. This thing has so much torque, you almost can't be in too high of a gear. 😢

I had sold my 02 CRF450 and bought a new 05 450E. What I can say is, I can't tell the weight difference at all, like most people say the weight is carried extremely low and it is. As far as cornering goes my old CRF wins hand down, riding the ktm will take some getting use too but I haven't set up my suspendion my weight yet 6'1 213. I could tell my new ktm has allot more grunt down low then the old crf. The ktm is like a tractor, electric smoothe but has the oomph when you need it. When I bought my ktm I was a little worried about the difference in power of the two but then I threw a leg over the ktm it has plenty of it, I could still do wheelies in third gear no problem. But as you can tell once you get the crf in the mid range it clearly is more powerfull then the exc. I love the gearing on the ktm over the crf 1st on the ktm is very close togeather for the tight stuff and 2'nd and up is better for the opea. One thing you are going to have to get use to is the engine breaking on ktm over the crf. The ktm has a significant more amount then crf but you will get use to it over time. The ktm is way better then the honda in fit and finish. What can you say steel braided brake lines easy to get to airfiler, Twin air filter, excel rims, odometer. You pay for it but it is money well spent. So far I could honestly say I love my 450E and will never go back to the CRF. Good Luck 😢

Sonic,

You're in for a big surprise, once you get the sag set for your weight. My 05 525 definitely turns better than my 03 CRF did.

I was a little frustrated with the engine braking at first, too. I turned the idle up a little it and now I come into corners a gear higher and I am happy again. This thing has so much torque, you almost can't be in too high of a gear. 😢

Thats what I have been hearing, if you set the sag it will be a huge difference. I'm hopping to send it in soon and have them revalve it and put stiffer springs on.

As for the engine breaking, i'm starting to learn to just come into a corner a gear higher, this approach usualy helps.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the brembo brakes, a huge confidents booster. 😢

thank's for the ride report it's nice to get first hand info before looking to buy. 😢