Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Fitment??

Quick question...

I just got my '05 525 EXC last Thursday, and from what I have read, it sounds like the factory jetting is very lean. i asked the KTM dealer if they had any of the 180 Main Jets, and they said no. I then figured that with the carb being a Keihn FCR, I went to the local Honda shop and picked up a 180 MJ and a 50 PJ. My question is, are all of the FCR carbs the same. The Honda/Yamaha dealer just had all the FCR jets in one big box, separated by sizes, NOT makes of bikes. The only question that they asked me was if the jets in my bike were round or octagonal. I told them I thought they were the octagonal, since that is what my WR 450 had. Am i all wet, or will the jets go right in. The carbs look the same from the outside. I just dont want to screw anything up on the bike. Thanks alot!! rekless 😢

you need to buy the jd's jetting kit sold on this sight. it does wonders. you actually put a leaner main jet with a custom made needle to richen it. just read the other posting about the kit, you can't go wrong with it.

I'd go with the JD kit also..but to answer your question, the carbs are similar. I believe the MJ and PJ are the same, but the needles have different taper/diameter, etc. From what I've heard, the needle should be richer and the main gets leaner, with the pilot maybe richer. JD has most, if not all of your answers though!

I say get on it and give it gas ! when you get your JD kit come and help me with mine !