Sign in to follow this  

------hollister ,holloween ,sunday ------anyone going?

I'll be there, White Chevy Astro van with a 250X on a Motojackrack on back. I'll look for some of you. Im usually at Radio ridge also.

Wow! Sounds like a party! I'm betting it's going to be packed. Just wait, one of these days you'll have to take a number for your turn out on the trails. I remember years ago when Hollister on the weekend was like it is now in the middle of the week.

Here's a pic of my truck, that's my old bike but the 450 has the same 16's on it also. See you guys down there (along with a few thousand other riders).

John

IMG_2986.jpg

It sure was nice today at hollister 10-31.It was a lot of fun riding with some new people from thumper talk.Like MotoBark,OHvRider thanks a lot for showing us around for a while it was great.Had a lot of fun.Thanks again Jeff :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was there, I didnt see anyone though :cry: I did about 45 miles all by my lonesome self... It was cool though. Conditions were good but the dust is coming back, no where near as bad as it was. If everyone had TT fender stickers we could identify each others easier....

Sorry John, I had to leave around 1:30 to take my GF to the airport.

Hey guys, it was nice meeting some of you yesterday at Hollister. Sorry if the stuff I took you on was too tough, I really wasn't trying to kill off any TT'rs!

In case anyone wanted to know, mxchic (Amber) is one helluva rider. I haven't seen anyone with that level of determination in awhile. I showed the group a pretty tough hill climb, it was perfect traction but still a pretty technical climb. Mother Nature threw in a deadly fallen tree trunk-skewer type obstacle that made it a little more challenging. Amber crashed pretty hard onto the tree the first 2 attempts. I suggested moving on and finding some easier hills, but she wouldn't give up on that hill. She made it all the way to the top on her third try, pretty impressive on a KX100. Way to go!

I was also impressed with ohvrider (Dave), he stuck with us for some 40 miles or so. Not too many guys would have put up with chasing around a couple fast guys like he did. Hey Dave, did you notice the guy riding Rodney Smith's old bike took off as soon as he saw how I was going up that hill climb? It seems like that's the most common reaction I see, instead of watching, learning from or trying to dice with faster guys, a lot of people will just leave. My buddies and I always laugh when we go out on a track and everyone else leaves after we've done a few laps. Isn't human nature interesting? You're a good rider Dave, we were pretty hard on you with the dust and all but you hung right in there.

Sorry I didn't see any of you other guys down there (Heckler and John), we weren't at the truck too much. It was a good day riding, that's for sure. My buddy Bill rode 75 miles and I put in 100. It was a little dry but some of that mileage was in pretty god conditions at least. I hope all you guys (and gal) enjoyed your "tour" of Hollister!

Later,

John

Jeff,

Nice meeting you too. I rode til about 5:30, watched motobark get some serious air, pretty tired and sore now at work. Good think my manager is in Ireland. :cry:

Amber, I think you should get some "no fear" gear. You were fearless on that little KX100. :cry:

I had a blast riding with everyone on Sunday, hopefully we can setup another Hollister ride sometime soon.

Cheers,

Thanks OHVrider and Motobark it was a blast. :cry: Motobark, don't worry about that hill, it was fun. I like a challenge. Just don't take me on a hill that is so vertical that if you don't make it you die, or vertical long downhills. :cry: I am not that fearless. :cry: We all had a great time. :cry:

did you notice the guy riding Rodney Smith's old bike took off as soon as he saw how I was going up that hill climb?

Ya we saw him also I took off and chased him down and passed him and then I slowed down because I know there is no way I smoked rodney smith ,I slowed to talk to him and

then I notice he was a bigger guy and had on thor gear and not rodney :cry: anyways mad my day for about 1 minute :cry:

I talked to the guy that owned Rodney's 03 race bike while motobark was doing some road jumps. He actually bought it from another guy that is buddies with Rodney and buys all his old bikes and sells them when he gets a new one. I was asking about the WER dampener as I want a front fender mount dampener for my YZ and the scott's mount looks like it will be very accessible to damage.

I think Rodney has the best graphics kit out there, sure one sweet looking bike.

Cheers,

motobark was doing some road jumps.

I have only found some 15-20 footers ???

are there any big ones ? like carengie

The jumps weren't that big, motobark was just hitting them really fast and flying either way up or way down the hill. Most of the other riders trying the same jumps were only jumping up and were just landing on the edge with there rear wheel.

Maybe I need to get a smaller digital camera so I could of gotten some pics.

Cheers,

was it kinda by the street ?

I was jumping a small one 10-15ft and

there where like 10 people watching us jump

was that the jump ?

ps you should go to carengie on sat :cry:

I'm heading to Salinas on Saturday to have my Accellerator pump modified slightly. It's feeding too much fuel. Also have a SDG Tall seat and some numbers on order that I need to pickup. I'll probably ride Hollister on the way home just to make sure everything is in good shape.

On Sunday I plan to do the Lilliputian at Praire City SVRA.

I need to get out to Carnegie sometime, but not sure when I'll have the time. :cry:

Cheers,

Hey Brown, the road jump wasn't by the street, it was further around the back, in the trees. The one ohvrider was talking about had a good downhill lip, only problem was if you jumped big on the downhill you'd hit your head on a couple tree branches.

There's plenty of jumps in the Lower Field, you just have to know where they are. We've made quite a few of them over the years, when the ground is soft all you need is a shovel to make a big air jump!

I think I saw you down there, I remember seeing the #921. I didn't realize you were a TT'r though. Duh. I'm sure we'll run into each other again (not literally hopefully).

Oh, BTW, there were two different guys riding Rodney's bike, the faster guy was tall but not big or fat. The slower guy I think was kinda big, I don't remember what either one of them were wearing, maybe ohvrider does. The faster guy switched to Rodney's bike when he was going to ride with me, not sure if it was actually his bike or not. Whatever, guess it really doesn't matter.

I'll keep an eye out for your #921.

John

cool ,

I will be at carengie this sat the 6th

if you are going let me know :cry:

I think the faster guy was wearing white gear with red trim. I think it was Thor, but not sure. I saw the W.E.R. stabilizers and stoped to ask him about it, cause I'm running a RG3 and have been told my Scott's won't work. :cry:

The faster guy owned both the RM and KTM. He was just letting the other guy ride one of his bikes.

Cheers,