Sign in to follow this  

What's this?

Is this the idle adjustment? BTW, I removed the enricher and there's an improvement on the low bog. Now I want to change the clip and adjust the fuel screw, but this carb is a pain to get out or move enough to work on!!....oh that's right, Im not good at this! 😢carbo2.jpg

You need to spend some quality time with Jsuhr 😢

I plan on it when he's free. Im getting there tough, slowly! 😢

Yes, that is the idle adjustment screw

I was 99.98% sure, but I thought I'd ask. You've been a big help with my questions. Thanks! 😢

Yes, that is the idle adjustment screw

I was 99.98% sure, but I thought I'd ask. You've been a big help with my questions. Thanks! 😢

😢

Next time I'm up for a raise.. I'll ask you to speak on my behalf as a character witness 😢

check your other thread.you cant just remove the CE with out changing the jetting.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1477911/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

I know. I went to the mechanic who worked on my bike and he told me that he went to a 165 main and 45 on the PJ. The fuel screw is about 13/4 out (I plan on opening a bit) and he left the clip at stock. I need to probably move it up one. It's almost there and Im having fun learning. I live just above sea level so maybe that helps with suggestions.

no,your missing the point.you have to change the low speed jetting in order to run without CE.

read under advanced jetting.

http://drz.info/DRZ400EK/

Im following this page's advice. A buddy of mine is coming over tonight to help. He's good with bikes and has worked on these carbs before.

it's not just the main and pilot jet you need to change when removing the CE.....

I got to think the 45 PJ is going to be rich in your set up... What Pilot Air jet are you running? (or PAS setting)

The only two things changed were the main and PJ as noted above. All else is stock.

and you still need to move the needle to clip 5.

Also tonight. The mechanic at corona thought that would be a bit much, but Im going with you on this one.

Success! Stock, the clip was at 4. I tried 5 and it was much better. Then I went to 6 and it's perfect. No bog or hesitations! Runs sweet! 😢