Sign in to follow this  

SM tire advice please

I`ll be using the Supermoto version for ON ROAD only. When I wanna go off road I`ll swap the wheels over. I plan to SM in colder months/winter and off road for summer. So the SM tyres will need to be able to take me too and from work (20 miles each way, freeway and town) let me have my fun at the weekends, be pretty sticky but not be so sticky they are flatspotted and left with no tread after a couple of months!. I`ve read on TT you can get a slightly wider tire with some manufactuers tires. I want this to have the widest tire poss please. What do you guys recomend??? 😢

Good to see that you do not want much.

For commuting, there are many tires that you can have. You can even try the Pirelli MTR but the rear might be a tight fit. Def grippy though.

Or try the Maxxis Goldspeeds and see if they have a hard compound for there street legal tire. Look trick and should be way "sticky" as you say.

Other than that, you should try the Avon Distanzia. They should last a good long time, and even handle the elements fairly well, including dirt...

I am leaning that way for my second set, as I already have the Pirelli MTR for the front, and will run a Pirelli Dragon on the rear. These will also last you if you get the street compound, in fact, the race might not be too bad either, but I have concerns over whether you can get enough heat in them to ever call them sticky on the road. The track would be no problem...

MW

I was happy with the Continental Force SM tires. Aspencop has them now on his bike. They hold up really well and grip the road nicely!! 😢