Sign in to follow this  

What boots to buy?

I know this is a KLX only forum, but I have come to trust you guys and that is why I posted in here.

The hiking boots aren’t cutting it anymore and it is time to invest in some boots. I am looking at the Alpinestar or the Fox boots.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

I love my Alpinestars Tech 6's. I suggest trying on a bunch of brands/models/sizes to determine what feels the best to you, then look for the best deal on the boot. (often online) 😢

Both are good quality. Some of the low end fox boots are not that great for protection, but the other ones are nice. I suggest you try them both on because the alpinstars never fit my foot, they are too narrow. Some of the fox ones are wider. So you may have issues with fit. Check out the buckles, I don't know about now, but there was a time when many buckles were too hard to operate. So try all the buckles with your foot in the boot, it can make a difference compared to just playing with the buckle with the boot of the shelf. I don't find a big quality difference between those choices, I think fit is going to determine your choice. If they all fit, then pick a good color scheme. I have Gaerne, they are comparable as well.

I never had the replaceable piece that you stand on when on the footpegs. It sounds good because that wears out, but last time the rest of my boot wore out about the same time as the bottom.

i just last week bought a pair of fox trackers. a hell of an improvement over the full lace work boots that i have been wearing up till now.

they might have been the second cheapest that were available, but at au$290 for the pair, they were all i could afford. boots here in aus are hellishly expensive.

also, try the boots on in a shop before you even think about buying online or mail order. i take a size 11EEE us size in red wings, and needed a 13 us in the trackers for foot length.

AlpineStars are the nicest I've worn. I've seen the Tech 6's for $175 online. But, I agree you should try them on at a local dealer first. 😢

😢

Thanks guys. I think I am going to buy the Tech 8. They just seems to fit the best out of all of the boots I've tried on. 😢

Thanks guys. I think I am going to buy the Tech 8. They just seems to fit the best out of all of the boots I've tried on. 😢

They are great, I got em and will never wear anything else. Good choice!! 😢

If you are going to swing the bucks for tech8, definitely look at the SIDI boots too. just as good, but they may be better in terms of fit, value and whatnot for you. They are all good at that price range though....

Price isn't as much of a concern now that the Mom-in-law is picking up half of the cost for my birthday. My biggest concerns are fit and durability.

I would rather spend a little extra and buy a boot that will stand the test of time, then save a little and have to buy boots again in a couple of years.

My riding buddy has a pair of O’Neil’s that are already falling apart after only a couple of month. Although, he bought them with the intention of learning to ride in them and buying better boots as he got better, he still has to buy two pairs of boots. I, on the other hand, would rather buy once and break the boot in as I break the bike and myself in.

The ($200) pair of hiking boots only lasted the first day of riding the new bike and I loved those damn boots.

Sidi Discovery- and, if you're a size 45, I just happen to have a brand new pair for you... look in the gear forum for more...