Sign in to follow this  

Gold vavle kit

going to put the gold vavle kit in my 03"s" front and rear.

will it make a big difference or do I need springs etc..

Thanks.

It is a system,, and the springs are part of that system.. The correct springs for your weight and riding ability are required along with the right shim stacks.. I have been messing with my gold valves and piston for months now.. And still not happy. Just had a local suspension guy work his magic on both ends to see if he can find a better valving setup for a race this weekend.

After working with RT, using there products my personal opinion is.. They are ok,, for the guy that want to do it him self,,, is mechanically inclined,, can recognize wrong when he see it,, and is willing to play with the valving until you get it right. Over all the cost is very close to having a suspension tuner do it for you.. The difference is... he is more likely to get it right on the first 3 or 4 attempts then you are.. plus the tuner has more experience and might notice an issue, faulty component or wrong setup.. Where the home use may not... That is a huge issue with setup.. If the home user is still trying to dial in his suspension,,, with a actual hardware problem, he will never get it right..

Yep, you gotta make sure you've got the right springs in there, and the stock ones may be fine.

I had a similar experience to Bronco. After doing it my self once, It would be easier the second time, but I wouldn't bother. I had my last bike done for MX by a local guy, TOO TRICK Racing. He didn't even put new vavles in, he just modified the stock ones and resprang the front and it was awesome, and cheaper than the Gold Series kit.

With that said, a friend of mine used the Gold series on his bike this summer, and he couldn't be happier.

I don't really have enough expierence to know if it works correctly, not sure if its bottoming out but can be a harsh jarring ride at times. It's all stock and I'm 195 plus what ever I bring along. Guess I should take it into someone who knows what they're doing.