Sign in to follow this  

Another =owner of a new 450 exc

I just picked it up yesterday. Best deal I could find in Nor. Cal was 7900 o.t.d. Pricey I know, but it does't hurt as much, the day after. Bough it in Sacramento at Motorycle Performance Center. This place is KTM heaven. Nothing but Orange and Black . They even have Orange anodized Renthal sprockets and Twin-wall bars= RAD! The price smoked everyone else that had one in stock by 500 bucks.

Kx1984 congrats on the new bike, I too am in the hunt for a new Katoom....still havent figured out which one but I have it narrowed down to either a 450 or a 525 and not sure if I want the MXC or EXC. I am hedging towards the MXC because I like both track time as well as trail time. Maybe we can hook up some time. I hit Metcalf in the mornings for 2 or 3 hours. (baby at home)

Anyone with some advise on which bike to get would be helpful. I just need one bike that does it all and a 4-banger KTM fits the bill being a green sticker bike to boot. Ciao for now. JP 😢 :cry:

Glad to hear it bro, I know you will love the new 450. They are one awesome machine and you got love the pumpkin plastic. To insure a long lasting four stroke make sure you keep up on the maintence though. If you do so your new ride will have plenty of miles to run

Kx1984 congrats on the new bike, I too am in the hunt for a new Katoom....still havent figured out which one but I have it narrowed down to either a 450 or a 525 and not sure if I want the MXC or EXC. I am hedging towards the MXC because I like both track time as well as trail time. Maybe we can hook up some time. I hit Metcalf in the mornings for 2 or 3 hours. (baby at home)

Anyone with some advise on which bike to get would be helpful. I just need one bike that does it all and a 4-banger KTM fits the bill being a green sticker bike to boot. Ciao for now. JP 😢 :cry:

I have a 450EXC and I love it. A few of my buddies have the MXC and they like the short tranny a little more. I like the longer gears because it equals less shifting. The 450 is plenty of bike for big desert racing. The 525 would be a monster. If you need a deal on a bike, give a call to Dave at http://www.davesdirtandstreet.com . He has hooked up many a friend with scary cheap OTD prices on KTMs...

I would say get the 450EXC, most, but not all of the one's who got the MXC whished they had gotten the EXC. just take a look at the type of riding you will be doing to help make the final decision. Good thing about the 450 KTM, for about 500 dollars you can piston and head and make it a 525 or 570 at any time if you find you need more power down the road

Mike