Sign in to follow this  

Any custom built motards still around? The creative ones

This is Steve 😢. Present toy: 😢 03' Yamaha WR450 supermoto.

A little about me: I've built a few street motards back a few years when wheel kits etc wasn't readily available. Custom machining for relocator brake brks, sport bike rotors and wheels. Very COOL 😢

What I think : Nowadays, all the motards look the same with all the bolt on stuff (cool but common and expensive). My WR is also built like the others (Excel wheels etc.) but very unique in others ways (custom machined triples, sliders, lights (like no other)). Lets see some pics. of the custom street SMs out there.

😢 (I'll post a pic soon)

CRF_inside2.jpg

CRF_1_crop.jpg

well i'll bite. yeah i've got a lot of premade parts, but i've also had to do some drilling, etc and custom mounting. rewired R6 flasher relay and rewired R6 left clip on controls.

custom wiring harness. custom mounts for trail tech computer. custom LED turnsignals on forks and rear turnsignals, one off carbon front fender, custom annodized rims/hubs; graphics to come over the winter... i still consider this bike pretty stock though

😢 The bikes made street legal is always so cool. (custom brks and anodising 😢). Nice bike! 😢 Hey Kwota, are those stock hubs?

Steve

I've built some custom street bikes (mostly Ducati Monsters) but I just purchased a KTM 450EXC that I plan to work my mojo on. It will be this winters project. I'll post pics as things develope.

😢 The bikes made street legal is always so cool. (custom brks and anodising 😢). Nice bike! 😢 Hey Kwota, are those stock hubs?

Steve

Yeah, they are. They're just annodized black to change them up a bit. I've never had a problem with them, and I find it pretty hard financially to justify some of the really high end hubs out there. They're excel rims and berringer spokes, so they're pretty strong. I've jumped this bike a bit on these rims, maybe only 2 feet high and 15 feet long) and haven't had a problem

motard002.jpg

This used to be mine but now I have sold it to a friend of mine, but it is my work that is put in the bike 😢