Sign in to follow this  

anyone else have pro wheels

I am wondering the same thing. I got a sponsorship from them and I can get complete wheel sets very cheep but are they going to be any good? I hope someone has some info for us.

I can't speak to personal experience with the full size wheels from these guys but the smaller xr/crf 50 sizes are not very accurately made,the arent terrably round and most have been somewhat twisted,the spoke holes in many cases are not at the proper angle most of the time.However I know of at least one member that has had a positive experience with these wheels.As I see it you do get what you pay for.cheers

I have them. They are holding up great so far, and I TRASHED my stock rims.

They are made in China I think, but mine were pretty good quality. No problems with spoke alignment. They were a tad out of round where the weld is. But apparently this is typical on other wheelsets as well.

If you want info from a respected source, do a search for Pro Wheels... a pretty long time ago. east coast wheels made some comments.

Personally, I am very satisfied. I mean, I built a black wheelset with Buchanan spokes for around $300 or so! Excel would have been A LOT more.

Oh, and if I recall correctly Ryan Capes had them on his bike when breaking the world record distance jump. So I'd have to assume they are strong enough for mortals like us