Sign in to follow this  

New AlpineStar - Tech 8's: Do they run a hair small or a hair large??

I've been wearing Side boots for quite a while, and have always been happy with them. 😢 However, I do wish to try a pair of Alpinestar Tech 8's, with the inner bootie.

I wear size 13 wide, (48 European size) and the Sidi's.... amazingly enough, fit well right out of the box with ample room... Which I think is really rare. Most shoes & boots always seem to have their little trademark 'buggagoos' with regard to fit. 😢

Can anyone tell me how the A-stars Tech 8's usually fit??

Maybe they run small, or narrow, or loose & wide. You know what I mean. Any comments would be appreciated, cause I buy off the Internet, and returning a big box of boots is a real drag 😢 :cry:

thanks / SSR 😢

they are prone to fit tight. I normally wear a size 9 or 9.5 and the 9s were very tight and I was worried that I wouldn't know until they were broke in if they would give me problems, so I went with a size 10. With the 10s and thick socks they fit nice and snug. With the skinny MX socks they feel a little lose, but not bad.

I wear a 12 or 13 depending on the shoe. I have the tech 8's in a 12 and they fit perfect...But I only wear a thin sock when I ride. If it helps I wear a 13 in Nike shoes... If you wear thick socks, go with the 13.

I wear a size 11 shoe, I had to buy a size 12 Tech 8. I also have wide feet. Try to find a shop in your area and try some on. Good luck...

Whiteman,

I know what ya mean. That's helpful. I play the sock game too. One, two, thick, thin, Summer, Winter.

Thanks for your assistance.

SSR 😢

XR4KW .... I tried to find a dealer with 13's or 14's to try on, but this is Maryland, not California, and the dealers don't stock many big sizes like that. But I'll keep looking. Somebody will have something.

Thanks for helping me out on the sizing up info. 😢

SSR 😢