Sign in to follow this  

Just got new tires. I now have 2 questions.........

I just got a set of D606's put on my bike today at my local shop. I wanted to start by saying....Daaaaaamn what a difference!! The street ride suffered slightly, but now I can ride off road w/o acting like I am doing a balancing act. My first question is related to the install. I saw the mechanic spray WD-40 on the tire to get it on the rim. Is that ok, or am I now going to have a problem with the tire spinning on the rim? The second question may be a little harder to understand. On the front axle, there are 4 pinch bolts holding the axle in place. On one side of the axle the two pinch bolts are tightened down straight onto the aluminum. On the other side, there is this shiny chrome plate that is between the aluminum and the bolt heads. Am I missing this plate on the other side, or is it supposed to be on one side? BTW, what in the world does that plate do? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Chris 😢

The plate should be on the speedo drive side only. I have no idea what it's for.

Both me and my buddy just bought new DRZS's and I noticed that I only have a metal plate on the speedo side too. I checked his bike and it was the same. I guess that's the way it should be.