Sign in to follow this  

Braking wave oversized

Anybody have any experience with braking wave oversized brake rotors, are they good, are they strong or should i go with standard size. Or should I go with Galfer standard?

Well I've got the 320mm supermoto front wave rotor and the rear, stock sized. no complaints with either. good good feel. get a stainless line while you're at it, and think about what kind of brake pads you want. do you want ones that work well when hot(race conditions) or ones that work better when cold-medium temp. the ones that work well when hot take a few hard stops to heat up, but once they're hot you can do one finger stoppies, at least with my brake set up

I have the oversized wave front rotor. Let me tell you its like night and day stopping. I can dive way deeper into corners with the braking front rotor! I remember the first day I had the new rotor on my bike. I almost crashed becuase I was use to the OEM brake rotor! One finger brake now. 😢

imo, once you've used an oversized front rotor, you will always want to have the added feel and stopping power of an oversized front rotor. 😢

Is anyone using them off-road - woods type riding? Are they more susceptible to damage?