Sign in to follow this  

Skid Plates

What's everyone using? Plastice or aluminum? What brand and why?........Thanks

Enduro Engineering.

Its THICK aluminum, has vent/drain holes drilled in it, and is EASY to install. I can pull it off in 2 minutes. Goes on just as easy. Worth it!

A friend has a hard parts aluminum skid plate and it looks like a tin bucket in comparison.

I'm thinking of picking my self up an Eline carbon fiber skid plate, our these skid plates any good? 😢

I'm thinking of picking my self up an Eline carbon fiber skid plate, our these skid plates any good? 😢

I have a E-Line carbon fiber skid plate on my bike for the time being. It's a loaner, until my KTM plastic skid plate comes in. It is plenty thick and seems pretty durable, but it turns sort of a clear white color where ever it takes a hit. It starts to look a little ratty after awhile.

I would go with the KTM Hard Equipment plastic skid plate, it's durable, light, quiet, and comes off in a couple of seconds.

What's everyone using? Plastice or aluminum? What brand and why?........Thanks

It depends on if you ride in a lot of rocks or not. I generally don't so I like the KTM Hard Parts "6 days" plastic skid plate for most of my riding. It's tough, cleans well and swings out of the way for oil changes.

When I go rock riding, I put on my SRC aluminum one. It's the beefiest and has the most coverage of any plate I've found. And it takes a pounding.

I own 3 other alum plates (Moose and 2 different k-Style ones) and 2 eline CF ones for my RFS and I don't use them anymore. The CF ones don't like rocks and collect too much mud and dirt and don't clean out well. The other alum ones don't have nearly the coverage of the SRC. (No, I don't want to sell any of them)

I HAVE PURCHASED TWO KTM HARD PARTS PLASTIC SKIDPLATES AND BOTH OF THEM SHEARED OF AFTER JUMPING A COUPLE TABLES AND DOUBLES, I ALSO BROKE WHITE BROS. AND TAG ALUMINUM SKIDPLATES, I GUESS IF YOU WERE JUST TRAIL RIDING ANY OF THESE WOULD BE A GREAT OPTION, BUT IF YOUR GOING TO RACE MOTOCROSS FROM TIME TO TIME, I HAVE NOT FOUND A GREAT PLATE YET

I HAVE PURCHASED TWO KTM HARD PARTS PLASTIC SKIDPLATES AND BOTH OF THEM SHEARED OF AFTER JUMPING A COUPLE TABLES AND DOUBLES, I ALSO BROKE WHITE BROS. AND TAG ALUMINUM SKIDPLATES, I GUESS IF YOU WERE JUST TRAIL RIDING ANY OF THESE WOULD BE A GREAT OPTION, BUT IF YOUR GOING TO RACE MOTOCROSS FROM TIME TO TIME, I HAVE NOT FOUND A GREAT PLATE YET

What type of motorcross track do you ride on and how does jumping a double involve shearing your skidplate?

I can only guess:

1)Your suspension is set up for a 75lb boy and you weigh 300lb.

2)Your landing area is strewn with large rocks and/or logs

3)Your story is a little over the top. 😢

😢 :cry:

NOT OVER THE TOP, OVER THE JUMP, I REALLY HAVEN'T GOT THE HANG OF THE FOURSTROKE YET AND IT'S BEEN ABOUT SIX MONTHS, THE DRIVE OUT OF THE CORNERS SEE'S ME FLAT LANDING ALOT OF JUMPS, THAT'S WHY THEY SHEAR OFF. I HAD A 2001 RM250 AND I WOULD STRAIGHTEN UP OUT OF A CORNER AND PIN IT IN 3RD AND CLEAR JUMPS PERFECT, I DO THAT ON THE 520SX AND I FLY PAST THE LANDING. HONEST! I JUST NEED TO BE SMOOTHER

I JUST NEED TO LEARN TO RIDE BETTER BECAUSE SKID PLATES GET EXPENSIVE.

CHEERS