Sign in to follow this  

Waterproof socks - SealSkinz

just bought a couple pair of SealSkinz water proof socks. $30 bucks a pair, looks to be the good stuff. My damn patented ventilated WHITE Alpinestar tech 8s leak like a sieve, even though I've siliconed closed the two vent ports. My socks and feet are allways cold and wet after the first few puddles I run though.

these SealSkinz are thin enough to wear over my MSR socks before I slip into the Tech 8 inner bootie. I expect great things from these new WP socks! 😢

I'll post a test ride report in a few days.

I bought the socks at my local REI store. here's the web site -

http://www.danalco.com/

Cant you just buy NIKWAX and waterproof the socks on your own??

Those socks will probably lose thier waterproofing characteristics after 4 washings or so...

Last fall, I got a pair of the Cabela's uninsulated Gore-Tex socks and I have no complaints, but one.

If you get into water thats deep enough to go over the top of your boots and fill 'em up, you might as well take the time to dump out the gore-tex socks because they take forever to drain 'normally'... 😢 :cry:

I run Sealskinz and love them. They do not lose their waterproofing since they actually have some sort of waterproof membrane. I run them right over my normal socks. It is sweet when your boots fill up with water, then when you are done riding you take off your boots, pour out the water, then pull off the Seals andslip on your shoes. Awesome product. 😢

I bought the socks at my local REI store. here's the web site -

Sounds like a great product. Are sweaty feet an issue or do they have a

one way breathable membrane of some sort?

Bob, your post also made me wonder what is the latest scoop on REI?

I thought they were a major contributor to the Sierra Club,

arent they still the enemy of dirtriders?

Anyone know REI's corporate opinions of OHV users?

I used to shop there for last minute stuff I needed for camping,

but now I do most of that shopping online.

Im not trying to start an argument. I know REI carries some cool

products, but it makes you wonder where some of your money is going?

I also have the Seal Skinz socks (and gloves) they work great. Got me though a few soggy years in the Marines with no trench-foot! 😢

Excellent stuff!

I found a way better deal than $30 for ya's

cheeper than dirt

$9.97 and they have 350 pair in stock. 😢

😢 they say one size fits all on that site? hmmmmm...The REI store where I bought mine had several sizes Med, large and XL.

I have size 12 feet (not giant BTW) and tried on the XL. They fit good over my med thick white sock....the other sizes would have been too small.

ya get what you pay for.

Never tried Sealskinz...i use Foreskins...they're not kosher but the price is right 😢

Just kidding...i acutually use a pair of neoprene fishing hunting socks over my regular socks. They're a little thick for doing much track riding, but cant be beat for those 2 foot creek crossings. I also have a pair of neoprene fishing gloves that i wear under my regular gloves...makes a huge difference when it gets down to the 30's & 40's.

I found a way better deal than $30 for ya's

cheeper than dirt

$9.97 and they have 350 pair in stock. 😢

😢 they say one size fits all on that site? hmmmmm...The REI store where I bought mine had several sizes Med, large and XL.

I have size 12 feet (not giant BTW) and tried on the XL. They fit good over my med thick white sock....the other sizes would have been too small.

ya get what you pay for.

Hmm good point 😢

I e-mailed them. We will see what size they really are. Looks like a large is what I would need.

Yeah i use sealskinz with my work boots when doing tie-downs on off shore supply boats in winter,my boots get soaked right through but those socks do a great job,i`m sure you can buy them with a long or short calf length too!