Sign in to follow this  

how to make a TTR225 street legal?

Hey guys,

my post from yesterday is not there anymore!!? 😢

Anyway, I am trying to make a TTR225 street legal for my wife. Anybody did that? I know there is the Baja design kit but even f I was to get that which I don't think so since it's so expensive, where would you plug it in the wiring harness?? I can't find empty plugs?? Thanks

Michel

woa!! great answer!!! 😢

can't anybody else be a little more helpfull? 😢

There's not much you can do. I have the same problem with my 225 and I've found that it's more of a pain in the ass than probably selling the 225 and getting a Suzuki DRZ 400S or something else street legal. You could make the 225 road legal, but you'll spend alot of time and money doing it.

There is a guy on the internet you may want to call/email- Ricky Stator. His business specializes is getting lighting systems on bikes and he seems to knows the wiring concepts well.

He was a big help with my Acerbis DDH headlight wiring (of course your project would be more involved).

Good luck!

rickystator.com

-Matt

Need a location. If you live in Michigan it could be a lot easier than if you live in Caleefornya.

Michigan you need hi/lo headlight mirror horn brake/running light and a couple of other requirements.

Bikes licensed this year.

1999 XR250R

1997 KDX220

2005 KTM400

Next in line TTR125LE

And when you're legal you can ride just about anywhere.

Yeeha.