02 engine mod?

A buddy of mine has a high comp piston on his KTM and the bike really moves. The high comp. will make kick starting more difficult, but the power will be nice. You will see some improvement in engine breaking. Don’t forget you will have to run 100 octane or higher otherwise you could damage the motor. My buddy runs 114.

Let us know how you like the high comp. piston should you decide to install it.

Hi Russ it's Ron here, I rode with you last summer at Goose Creek. I was just wondering what you hoped to end up with after you made these changes. Do you need more power in the low and mid range or are you thinking that with these changes it will make the bike easier to ride in those ranges?

I also like low-to-mid power. Here's what I did to mine:

1)Changed gearing to 13/50

2)Installed PowerNow & J.D. jet kit

3)Complete airbox mod

Those minor changes cost me a total of $140 bucks and a little time, but what a difference they made. If I need more I was told a ThunderAlley slip-on would really complete the package I'm running. That's plenty of H.P. for me. ?

Yeah, there are alot of different ways to get more low-to-mid h.p. out of the bike, but I think it already has plenty for my skills on a bike. ?

if sound is not a problem i would skip the cam , add the jd jet kit, put a TA slip-on on it, do the air box mod and if it is time for a rebuild put a 04 piston in it. you will still be able to run pump gas and it will have more low to mid range than you will need. just keep in mind that the TA is on the loud side