Sign in to follow this  

450 RMZ first test

A french magazine just did a test of the 450 RMZ. Great motor with lots of torque. The bike is very agile but a little instable at speed. They said it sould be available somewhere in november.

A french magazine just did a test of the 450 RMZ. Great motor with lots of torque. The bike is very agile but a little instable at speed . They said it sould be available somewhere in november.

duh! its a suzuki!

njdent,keep posting but please pass any suzuki contingency my way.Suzuki has a sweet contingency plan for offroad.

They pay $400.00 for first; starting in the C class. The contingency plan plus riding my buddies 05 rmz 250 helped me decide on the rmz450. I know the 250 is half kaw but I couldn't believe the torque the rmz250 had. I rode an 04 crf450 back to back and the 05 suzuki 250 had more torque. Now from midrange on up it wasn't close. The 450 rocked. But my buddy had an 04 rmz250 and the 05 is like a totally different bike. I hope the rmz450 is dialed in the same. My dealer checked with suzuki yesterday and the bikes are a couple of weeks behind. But she told me that all her suzuki's have been coming in as scheduled. Lets hope.

I know seriously, you are comparing a RMZ250 to a CRF450 and saying the RM has more torqe. 😢 :cry:

I don't mind or blame your critisizm but I'am only stating the fact. I rode the 2 bikes back to back and the 2005 rmz 250 feels like it has more torque than the 2004 crf450 and comes pretty close to having as much as my wr 450. And I repeat that after the bottom hit the crf450 is incredible and their is no contest.The 2005 bike is alot stronger than the 2004 rmz model.I know that the rmz450 wil be a totally different bike , but after riding the 2005 rmz 250 it was convincing enough that I stroked a $6000.00 check.So I welcome your disbelief but all I can say is get on one and see for yourself.

It dosn't matter what other people think. As long as the rider is happy of what he has purchased. Thats all that counts, good luck. 😢

You hit the nail on the head BigE there is not another 250f close to the low end torque of the RMZ it makes some of the 450s look bad. I have an 04 and 05 RMZ

ps just keep the gas cap vent tubes unstopped. 😢

I think the RMZ250 had a lower first gear. You can make any bike seem torquey with really low gearing. The CRF450 has a lot of torque, no 250cc machine can compare.

I own a 04 CRF450 and a 04 RMZ250. The RMZ has a lot of low end but the difference is in the gearing. Honda can get away with taller gear ratios in the tranny because of the amount of torque the 450 puts out. If both bikes had the exact same gear ratios there would be no comparison. I have just sold my CRF for the RMZ450 (looks like I should have waited a little longer).

Thanks Floris. I look forward to the test of the 450. I guess we are beating this torque issue to death. It will be nice to debate the rmz 450. I did't mean to offend anyone with the torque issue. But the 2005 RMZ 250 stock feels like it has more torque than the 04 crf450. The crf I rode had a powerbomb header and a 52 tooth sprocket. The 2004 250rmz modified I rode was slow compared to the stock 05.I think we may be mixing up torque with horsepower. A xr400 also has more torque than a crf 450. My only point was that I hope the rmz450 has power delivery like the 05 rmz250.

Stock gearing on a '04 crf450 is 13/48. You said the honda you rode had a 52 tooth sprocket in the rear, and a '05. RMZ250 still felt stronger off the bottom. Maybe your buddy got lucky and the factory put 250 stickers on a 450! 😢

I rode an 04 crf450 back to back and the 05 suzuki 250 had more torque.

😢 :cry: 😢 :cry: 😢

A xr400 also has more torque than a crf 450.

😢 :cry: 😢 :cry: 🤣 🤣🤣

😢🤣

Another magazine also tested the bike and they also noted the light front end. The bike is very agile but not so stable. They also noted the very strong bottom and mid but felt it signed off a little early. The stock gearing seems to be a little too high and 2 or 3 teeth less on the rear sprocket could help.

Hope you appreciate these comments while waiting!