Sign in to follow this  

Suspension upgrade kit from Kouba

Well I installed the #1's on my DR350s along with an Eibach 8.1 spring, new needle bearings for the entire swing arm and re-pressurized shock so as far as I can tell it works great. Then again, everything is new.

I didn't need them for lowering, I just wanted more travel and that seems to be much better now, especially with the spring.

Good luck! 😢

Rob H.

Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. I was advised by Kouba to take the 7.6 spring, and I am 86kg (and increasing). May I know what's your weight ? Is the installation idiot proof, and accurately described ?

Cheers

Install of the dogbones/links is very easy, just get weight off the shock bottom (crate whatever), and then undo the two bolts on either end of the links. Most people say go with the stiffer spring if your doing the dogbones (just not stock, and you don't want to do a progressive rate spring either, it defeats the effect of the dogbones...stay w/ a strait rate spring), the shock is held in by two bolts as well (take off your seat), drops right out the bottom and the resevoir follows right down behind it. Then unscrew the washers holding in the spring, and the bottom plate has two "D" washers holding in the bottom of the spring, just pop those free and the spring slides off easy. Put new spring on, tighten washers, rebolt, put your new links on, torque everything right, regrease your zirks, set your sag correctly and presto. An afternoon's work if your enjoying yourself! 😢