Sign in to follow this  

How can I get my 02 wheels to fit my 03 bike ?

Hey guys,

I just bought a 2003 EXC-450 and I have a set of Ktm supermoto wheels for the 02...can I just order and install

03 Ktm bearings...or is the hub completely different?

Thanks abunch, Mitch 😢

The rear wheel should bolt right up. The front supermoto wheel from 2002 has a 20mm axle and your 2003 has a 26mm. There was a kit to do this in the hard equipment book so that you can install the 20mm axle into the 26mm forks. Check there or your dealer 😢

You will need an '02 front axle and this kit: Front Axle Reduction Kit (SXS03540400)

The bearings from the '03 front hub will not interchange in the '02 hub.

Like it was stated before the rear will interchange just fine.

will this same kit allow you to put an 03 front wheel in an 02 front fork?

03 wheels into 02 forks:

You need a machinist to make you two plain tube bushes 20.05mm ID (internal diameter), 26 OD and 25 long. Then glue them into the existing wheel spacers with araldite or similar.

Or knock out the front spacers and ask him to make a new pair with 20.05 diameter hole through instead of 26.05mm

The alternative spacers are available in UK off the shelf from Husaberg dealers for £10 ish.

03 wheels into 02 forks:

You need a machinist to make you two plain tube bushes 20.05mm ID (internal diameter), 26 OD and 25 long. Then glue them into the existing wheel spacers with araldite or similar.

Or knock out the front spacers and ask him to make a new pair with 20.05 diameter hole through instead of 26.05mm

The alternative spacers are available in UK off the shelf from Husaberg dealers for £10 ish.

do you know of a online store that sells this alternative spacer ??

Dave