Sign in to follow this  

TIRES FOR MINI-MOTARD

I just pick up a new TTR-125LE. This forum has been great for setting up baseline mods like jetting,airbox,pipes. I will be using it at an in-door go-kart track this winter and super-moto next summer. I have been riding a XR100 before this and used Bridgestone Trailwings on the stock rims. I do not plan to change the TTR rims either. My question is has anyone used any other tire,in the stock sizes, for similar riding ? I have scanned the tire catalogs with no luck. I like the Trailwings, just wondering if I'm missing out on anything. Hope to hear from some of you and if anyone lives within driving distance of Sterling Va. and want to ride in-doors this winter PM me and I'll give you the details. Later

I think you'll have to get a TTR small wheel front and then go for Michelin Pilot slicks ($$$). Otherwise w/ the 19", the choices are just for 90% Street use dual sport tires. Not very grippy.

I just mounted up a set of Cheng Shin V906 tires on front and back. They are a front DOT tire that I hear works well on tar and clay. I will be running them at a go kart track on Nov 6th.

Ride fast-take chances

Chad

I just mounted up a set of Cheng Shin V906 tires on front and back. They are a front DOT tire that I hear works well on tar and clay. I will be running them at a go kart track on Nov 6th.

I have a set on order also. I found out about them from a friend that rides a TTR in-door/super-moto also. He said the grip way better on the hard surfaces than Trialwings.

I have Avon Venoms on my TTR. They fit right on my stock rims. I have the LE model. Only bad thing is that the rims are not wide enough for the tires and I can't use the whole tire, Other words I have a chicken strip that is impossable to get rid of. 😢

I have Avon Venoms on my TTR. They fit right on my stock rims. I have the LE model. Only bad thing is that the rims are not wide enough for the tires and I can't use the whole tire, Other words I have a chicken strip that is impossable to get rid of. 😢

Thanks Hawk, I'll remember the Avons next time after this set of Cheng Shins wear out. What sizes are you running ?