Sign in to follow this  

Asterisk brace price

It seems to me that everyone is at 549 a pair. Is that right? I see that Temecula has them for 549 with free air shipping, a free off road DVD, and free under sleeves.

I am thinking of getting them. I can get braces for both legs from Asterisks for cheaper than blowing my whole wad on a custom brace for my reconstructed leg. From tests that I have read, in back to back comparisons, the Asterisks fit as well as some of the custom braces have.

Johnny - I haven't seen anyone that will sell them for less than that unless you get used or off eBay. What I do see is that some places will include undersleeves, shipping, etc. You definitely need the undersleeves!

It took me about two rides to get used to them. And a fair amount of tweaking with the "tendon" adjustments on my left thigh. Now I've got 'em dialed and don't even notice them.

Unless you have extraordinarily large calves or thighs, the Asterisks will fit as good as the custom ones because of the tendon adjustment thingie.

I can't believe I went so long without braces!

Asterisk won't let any dealers sell them for less than 549. Any dealer that gets caught selling it for less will be cut off and not able to sell them anymore. Asterisk is really strict on their pricing. They're great braces though. A few of my friends have gotten them from Global Moto Outlet.

It seems to me that everyone is at 549 a pair. Is that right? I see that Temecula has them for 549 with free air shipping, a free off road DVD, and free under sleeves.

I am thinking of getting them. I can get braces for both legs from Asterisks for cheaper than blowing my whole wad on a custom brace for my reconstructed leg. From tests that I have read, in back to back comparisons, the Asterisks fit as well as some of the custom braces have.

Wouldn't you be concerned with range of motion deflection stops, or are the Astirisc adjustable stops just like CTI?

I did not get my full range of motion coming back so a stop is critical. (can't kick my own butt with my left leg.)

My range of motion there is good as long as my leg is warmed up. After a workout or bicycle ride, i can kneel and lean back until my heal touches my butt. This is hard/impossible unless my leg is warmed up. I am not really worried about it because it is geting better all of the time as far as that.

I was happy to find that you can adjust the brace for the degree it straightens. I am worried about hyper extension...thats how my leg blew out. I was also glad to know that the patella cup is removable so the brace can be used for other activities other than MX without looking too gaudy.

I ordered them. My leg measured right at 15" on the knee. I hate that.....right on the cusp of where medium meets large. I ordered medium.

My local dealer gives its customers 10% off with AMA membership. Plus I bought two Hondas from them. Got the braces for a little less than $500.

The Asterisks are great! The hyperextension stops are nice. Wish I got them sooner. 😢

They are a good investment. Like said before, a few rides and adjustments, you won't even know they are there. (Just like a new pair of boots They have saved my good knee more times than my bad one.

Wasn't there a thread a while back about having your insurance pick up the tab? I don't know if that is an option for you, but for $500+ big ones it might be worth looking into, especially since you have a reason (injury). Some insurance companies will go for preventive safety with a doctors consent. Just a thought 😢

That's why I am currently only riding with one, insurance would not pick up the other and at the time another CTI was about $950 😢