Sign in to follow this  

who has an RM100?

I have an RM100. It's very good.

I don't have to apologize just because it's a 2-strokes.

I can honestly tell you that I can keep up with other fullsize bikes on the track. The tighter the track, the easier it is for me to ride the bike.

I have a KX100 which is the same bike with green plastics. I think its the best equipped bike for it's size. The motor's got a good punch. It needs to be ridden up on the pipe, but it does have some good power in the high revs. It also has decent low end for a mini 2 stroke. The suspension is a lot better than the mini four strokes out there, but its not as good as the bigger bikes. The bike is around 150lbs dry and is a blast to ride. I trail ride mine and keep up pretty good on the tight stuff, but in the open bumby straight aways I get blown away. It's just not as stable as the full size bikes. Hands down, I think it's the best mini out there. 😢

My good friend has an RM100. I rode it this summer and it was a blast. I definitely like my CRF 230 better though. The wheel base feels way shorter on the 100 and it didn't feel anywhere near as stable as my bike. I also couldn't stand up on the foot pegs or I felt like I would fall over the handlebars. I'm only 5'2" so I was quite surprised with that. Maybe bar risers would help though. We rode the same pace on the trails but she had way more problems on the long, steep hill climbs than I did. It was totally the bike too as we swapped a bunch of times and both could do some runs on the 230 that neither of us could do on the 100. She would also get hung up crossing more logs than I would as the 100 doesn't have as much clearance as the 230. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

This is amazing! This is the 1st time I've encountered someone saying that the a CRF230 (which weighs more than a CRF450R) is "better" than a fully suspended KX100/RM100.

The 100 is around 150 lbs! It can clear jumps all day long whereas the CRF230 begs to be ridden on trails only.

This is hilarious. 😢

My good friend has an RM100. I rode it this summer and it was a blast. I definitely like my CRF 230 better though. The wheel base feels way shorter on the 100 and it didn't feel anywhere near as stable as my bike. I also couldn't stand up on the foot pegs or I felt like I would fall over the handlebars. I'm only 5'2" so I was quite surprised with that. Maybe bar risers would help though. We rode the same pace on the trails but she had way more problems on the long, steep hill climbs than I did. It was totally the bike too as we swapped a bunch of times and both could do some runs on the 230 that neither of us could do on the 100. She would also get hung up crossing more logs than I would as the 100 doesn't have as much clearance as the 230. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

My first bike was an RM100 back in 1979! I loved it.

I just bought one for my daughter because she has outgrown her TTR125L. Just to add what everone else has said its an awesome bike, scary fast, not for a first timer. It has great suspension like a fullsize bike, very short wheelbase, very light. We ride all woods so I just installed a flywheel weight to calm down the upper RPM hit.I was gonna get her a CRF150 or 230, they felt slow and heavy in comparison.

Can any of you wheelie this thing? I was able to do endless wheelies on her TTR125L and my WR 250. Because of the short wheelbase and hard hitting motor, no way, scares the crap out of me.

2001 Aprilia Mille R

2002 Ducati 998 Bayliss

2003 Suzuki GSXR1000

2001 Kawasaki KDX220

2001 Yamaha WR250

1974 Suzuki TM400

2004 Suzuki RM100

2001 Yamaha TTR125l, daughters bike

2001 Yamaha Beartracker Quad

i have a KX100, just a kawasaki version of the rm, same thing. Its great. The only thing is that the power band is up there in the rpms, so if youre looking to ride quietly you dont have a chance. 😢

This is amazing! This is the 1st time I've encountered someone saying that the a CRF230 (which weighs more than a CRF450R) is "better" than a fully suspended KX100/RM100.

The 100 is around 150 lbs! It can clear jumps all day long whereas the CRF230 begs to be ridden on trails only.

This is hilarious. 😢

Hey! First off if you read my post, I was only talking about riding trails and not about jumping. Secondly, it was only my opinion (it seems like macgyver was looking for opinions) not gospel. If I don't like your opinion on something, I don't make fun of you! 😢

That was my 1st bike and I loved it. I have never been to a moto track before but nothing could keep up w/ me in the woods.