Sign in to follow this  

Brown just dropped this at the door

Oh my god! I sent you the rad guards upside down 😢

Well,

mounted most of the parts !

All parts fit perfectly and are high quality. 😢

I wasn't able to fit the left radiator guard so far.

Reason: My radiatior is bent real bad and the parts are so perfect, that they require the radiator to be pretty straight!

The case guard fits like a charm and looks great. Pic soon.

So now I am thinking of sending off the rad. to get it straightend somewhere, any recommendations ?

Don't want to bend it into "junk" myself 😢

Roosterperformance made a great design that allows to retain the original protection plate on the right side of the bike and at the same time mount their skidplate for extended protection.

Good thinking and design Kelly 😢 :cry:

1377239-rooster_right_plate_web.jpg

Love the rooster plates. You may want to remove the stock side plates as they now are redundant. At least the removal of the right side will give unrestricted access to change the oil filter, which is a good thing. Also because the stock belly pan was dimpled it bolted snugly to the frame mounts. The Rooster isnt set up that way, so check bolt tightness once in a while.

Funny thing about the rad guards. My shroud plastic never lined up with the slots and tab on the left side. A hard crash on the left side pushed the radiator back just a smidge and now the tab goes into the slot perfectly. Without the gaurd I would have destroyed the rad easily.

Flyred,

I don't think that the stock plate on the right side is totally redundant. It seems to me that the the Rooster and the stock plate work great together, see last pic. I do ride some rough rocky sections from time to time (Polecat Enduro = Rock Hell) and have taken hits in that area. The Rooster plate now covers the right side further back where I have also taken some hits. This is perfectly protected now.

One other main reason for the Rooster plate was that it covers the frame tubes. In Canada I learned that the logs can flatten your frame tubes over time since the stock plate leaves them unprotected when you hit those bigger logs, makes me feel way better now going over something that could compromise the frame tubes:

1261379-dave_log_rear_bc_2004_web.jpg

The radiator and shroud things lined up perfectly on the right side after I bent the tabs back to "normal" again 😢

Thanks for the tip to check the screws from time to time, will do that.

Mylers it is !

That's cool....I ordered some Radiator Guards from Rooster last thursday....I'm waiting for the bell to ring as well 😢 :cry:

Great picture of the log crossing. How the heck did you get it up that high? Wheelie up then lift the rear or drive up the tree until it tips over? You are right about needing all the armor you can get the way you must ride.

Nice Video - I enjoyed it - AWESOME RIDING AREA - nothing like where I am at - Dang Rocks are huge.

MSTex