Sign in to follow this  

Palamar mountain in California

Hello All,

I was told that there is good DSing in/on Palamar Mountain.

I live in Temecula and was hoping that someone could give me info on where to go and where to find maps, if need be.

Thanks,

Ricky

Yes, there are some great rides around Palomar Mountain. One of my favorite is the old road to the Observatory. It begins right past/before (southeast) of the 371 exit on the S79.

I'm starting to ride up there more and more. You can ride up the south side via Nate Harrison Grade Rd and then down Palomar Truck Trail. My usual route is up Palomar then down to Lake Henshaw, then back up via dirt and down again to the 79, then the 79 to 76. (Almost 110 miles 😢) Awesome views on a clear day 😢

Along the 79 where the fires were, there are many trials that look to go on for miles. Still looking to explore that area.

If you want to ride sometime, give me a PM and I'll show you around Palomar.

Hello,

Palamar Mountain is just about 15 miles East of the 15 Freeway between Temecula and Escondido, it is a Big Mountain and also is famous for its Observatory at its top.

Ricky

Thx it sounds like a great place to ride, I'd like to ride there but I don't know that area if anyone would like to ride there(be my guide 😢)just post a thread or give me a pm 😢 :cry: 😢

I second that!

Can i go with one of y'all next DS to Palomar or wherever?

Lets all get together and go for a ride. Sometime in the next month maybe? 😢 Maybe go out through Anza and on to Idywild?

BTW, 21_XR400-I still want you to show me Santiago Peak sometime 😢

I'm up for that. Lets find someone who has done it before, so we don't end up following Biggity trails all day. 😢

Hopefully he'll be able to tag along here soon. He just recieved the DMV papers so he can get the ball rolling and ride on the freeway legally 😢

Anytime bro, I ride saddleback all the time this time of year the santiago gate is closed but there is always the back way off ortega and I would love to meet up and ride palomar i've never been there 😢

New to the site, saw your post on Palomar, was wondering if I could tag along sometime. I used to ride up Nate Harrison Trail back in '79-'80's. Have been up Santiago Peak, Grew up in Oceanside area and now live in Orange County. Thanks, CZLOU

I'm down to ride just let me when and where and if I'm avaiable I'm there 😢 :cry: 😢

I'm down for any d.s. rides near north county. I live in San Marcos. Very interested in the palomar ride. Let me know when we are going to set something up.

Ken