Sign in to follow this  

Question on WhiteBros. R-4 exhaust...

Does anyone have one? Do you know what the db rating is? What does it do to the power? Thanks... 😢 :cry:

I have the slip-on exhaust (is that what you want?)

Anyways, I have never had the bike with the stock exhaust, but the previous owner told me it gave more mid than low and highs. Still gave power all around, but mostly mid..

Haven't got a dB check, but my guess is anywhere around 100dB. I think a TT member said it was around this as well..

Thanks.... I found them on sale for $160. but it would be too loud for offroad. I guess its the PMB insert for me. 😢

Yes WB makes a quiet insert ($40.00) for the R4 but it's a waste of $$. I thought I would try quieting down the sound of my R4 with the quiet insert and fresh silencer packing. I was sound tested and it still measured 100/101 db. 😢

Do you know what the stock exhaust tests out at? I think the PMB insert is about 96db isn't it?

I recall the stock muffler testing at 98-100 db, definately won't pass 96 db sound test in California. I ended up taking off the R4 (it's for sale) and bought the new WB E2 muffler so I could ride on public lands and pass the 96 db sound test. Sorry, I don't have any experience with the PMB insert.

Ours is nowhere near 96db, I can tell you that. I'd guess 100-105. Big gain in mid to upper mid range, with a little more top. Doesn't make the low end any stronger, but it seems to start pulling a little sooner. The "quiet core" is basically just a big washer.

For what they're selling for these days, they're a pretty good buy in sound limits aren't a problem.