Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket plastic that's closest to stock?

My buddy wadded up my '03, and I need new fenders, side # plate, etc. Any suggestions on replacement plastic? I may sell the bike after this season, so I'd like it to look as much like stock as possible. Or maybe I should just get OEM plastic? Suggestions?

if you order the OEM shrouds...they come with the graphics already attached..

acerbis will fade fast. Cycra have broken easily on me. I prefer oem or ufo. My $.02

i prefer stock or UFO. of aftermarket makers, UFO is the best!

can you buy any of the aftermarkets with stock graphics in teh 04 red color?

I'm using One Industries and they are alright. I ordered 04 style plastic but it didn't look like 04 stuff and it didn't fit that well either. I'm also using Factory Effex 04 graphics and I really like them.

I've got UFO rear fender and side panels and I am not impressed - I will always buy stock from now on. The stock rear fender I bought also came with the metal washers and threaded inserts.

they are stock, just anodized red. You can't see it in the pics, but they really look kind of crappy up close. I'm going to strip off the anodizing pretty soon and have them powder coated black.

Dude,

Tell me you're not putting that beautiful bike in a shed! 😢

If I didn't have a garage, my bike would go in my livingroom before I would put it in one of those.

Anyway, I've always like UFO if not OEM. I replaced mine with OEM since I bought the bike used and wanted all the scratches to be mine. Got a really good deal from Service Honda on-line.

Best of luck. 😢

Wow, thanks for all the responses! Your bike's a beauty man. Need to get mine looking sharp again. 😢

I think the UFO looks sharp. I'll check out the link you left, and maybe order a set up. If I ordered stock rad shrouds (with stickers on) would it match the rest of the bike with UFO plastic?

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about the subframe. 😢

Thanks again guys!

I broke my rear fender pretty quickly and replaced it with an Acerbis, after a couple months I have a "orange" fender on my RED Honda....... 😢

UFO and stock are going to match really well. They'll hold their color too so, if I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to get the UFO and save some $$$.

Hrc, unfortunately I do keep my bikes in that little shed. That's all I have right now and don't have much of a choice. I do live way out in the country so there's not much traffic around here so no one really sees the bikes. I'm working on buying a house now so they will be getting out of there soon. Thanks for the compliments on the bike.