Sign in to follow this  

paddle tires

Got a buddy with a crf450. we are going to

glamis next weekend. what type of paddle

tires do some of you guys use???( brand and

# of paddles)

thanks

Brian

I just got back from a week at the Oregon dunes and had the same questions, since it was my first trip in sand on my 450. I bought an 8 paddle Sand Pro made by Cheng Shin and couldn't be happier with it. Wheelies were only a twist of the thottle away, it side hilled great and was durable enough to ride about 200yds on the pavement to get from our campsite to the dune access without showing any marks at all. Chapparal sells them for under $40, although I bought mine off ebay for $14 in perfect shape.

How was the weather up in oregon this time of year? I went to coos bay, horsefall, and winchester bay in june, The weather was perfect, overcast and about 70 degrees... I love that place, Just so different from the dunes I'm used to glamis, gordons...

It was nice Sunday, rained a bit on monday, but overcast and dry the rest of the time. If you go again, make the extra hour trip north for Florence. The dunes are MUCH bigger and the area is more spread out than the areas around Horsfall and Winchester bay. Also, if you go between Oct 1 and April 30, you can ride out of Honeyman State Park, a great campground chock full of great people. My hands and knees are sore today, but it still beats the hell out work! This also was the first trip to the dunes (as a rider) for my 4 year old! My wife and I bought him a quad for his 4th b-day and he had a ball. There was a steep dune I was hitting at an angle to get more distance and less height, and after watching me for a few minutes, he found his own launch pad (about 12" high) and started hucking his monster 50cc quad off of at a blistering 5+ mph! My last trip to the dunes was on my YZ250 and although I had a ball, it couldn't compare to the CRF! No-clutch wheelies, no rowing the gearbox, just pick a gear and roost! I gotta do something about the heating probs, tho. Everytime I slowed for long or waited for my urchin to catch up, it started puking coolant, maybe some Engine Ice or Water Wetter, but that's small stuff. I'll be back soon...

Last weekend a group of us went to Silver Lake here in Michigan. Big dune park on Lake Michigan. I had an 8 paddle Cheng Shin a fella gave me with a CR500 I bought years go. (By the way---don't put "paddle tire goes with bike" when you make up an ad to sell your ride). Anyway I threw it on the old 525 and had a blast on the dunes. Yeah no one wanted to be behind me but this was just understood. No whiners in our group.

The drag strip on the beach was the place to be. Had no problems with any type of 4 wheeler. My only competition was this one young fella on a YZ250 with a paddle----neck to neck until warp speed kicked in on the pumpkin. What fun. RR.

Just run good tall knob. Works just as good with out robbing your power. I ran my MS 12 startcross out at buttercup and was pulling guys with paddles up comp hill.