Sign in to follow this  

New Husky TE250 owner with noise questions

Hello:

I just received my 2004 TE250 as a factory demo bike (bought from Cagiva USA) 😢 :cry: 😢. I have one question.. Is it normal for the engine to make soo much noise.. This thing sound like it is going to throw a piston at me.. After years of riding KTM's I am not used to this much noise. Are they using straight cut gears or something???? Or do I have a bum machine.. Seems to run GREAT other than the noise. Little bit of smoke at startup but minor and nothing more than the KTM RFS would do at startup..

Anyway, is this normal...???

Mine has always been on the loud side. I wasn't sure what to think at first. I have 80+ or - hours on it now, all tight single track (13-18 mph). last week I replaced the piston and rings, the piston didn't show much wear but the rings did. I replaced everthing and it still on the loud side. I don't even think about it anymore, unless someone points it out.

brown

80 hrs? seems a bit early? thats only one month or two do they need that much care? Where you at S.O. trying to Trade for a G.G.?

80 hrs for me, is a year of single track. Roughly 1000-1400 miles.

Yes, that is me. I'm planning on getting a 05 TE250 in a month or some (I hear some 05 are in the US now). I will sale this bike ($3900 shipped) or trade with someone with a Euro 2-stroke and keep it as a 2nd bike. My wife is cool with 2 bike, just not with two of the same bikes She doesn't see a point with having 2 of the same. In the end, what makes her happy makes it easier on me (Ha!Ha!)

brown