Sign in to follow this  

Mini Olympics.......Anyone going?

My crew is headed down again this year. Anyone else in here attending the 2004 Mini Olympics in Gainesville, Florida? It is the week of Thanksgiving. see www.unlimitedsportsmx.com if you are interested in some great racing at a legendary facility.

😢

Yeah, people think we are crazy. I drove down solo last year pulling a trailer with everyone's bikes, it took me 8 days. Me and one of the mini-dads drove back together in 4.5 days. Quite a haul, no doubt. But totally worth it when you love MX like we do.

Man, 4.5 to 8 days? You're a die-hard for sure. The furthest I've ever driven is up to Unadilla in '97. That was around 23 hours and it was a dual purpose (my wife is from upstate NY) trip.

Gatorback is an awesome track though. I just wish they still had the National there. Man, I miss it! 😢

yep,

I grew up in the High Springs/Alachua area. It is like a big homecoming for me. I used to flag those races at Gatorback when I was a youngster. Have great memories of watching all the old pros battle. It still is an awesome facility. I have hooked several of the local riders up here with old video and the stories of that place.

I know what you mean. The first outdoor National I ever attended (1983) was there and I never missed one including the last in 1997. That was the year of Ricky Carmichael's first 125cc win. Great memories there for sure. 😢