Throttle Tube Sticking, HELP!

I have a CRF230 with the 7/8 ProTapers. The throttle was sticking from about 3/4 to full throttle (could be turned back manually). I also greased it, getting a dry lube in the morning. Here's the bad news: I just removed the throttle & it has been makeing grooves in the bars. Not deep of course but this has me concerned. Tomorrow I'll put her back together with a dry lube & try to get it not to rub.

Is there a trick to getting the throttle tube not to rub the bar so much? (maybe I had it clamped slightly scewed)

The way it rubbed tells me the tube & bar center line were not the same causing it to cam & rub on a portion of the twist. How'd that happen & how do I keep it from happening?

Ideas?

Please help!

?

this happend to me when i droped my bike in mud

just clean everything well some wet and dry to smooth the bars where it rubbed.

use some light oil and put it back together

make sure the throttle assembly is not on 2 far or the grips will rub on the end of the bar and stick if you know what i mean

yeah, just take it completely apart, clean the crap out of everything, lube it all up with some WD40 or, better yet, some Zep45.. don't forget to lube your cables.. reassemble it properly so that nothing rubs and you should be good to go.

this is all very basic bike maintanance stuff. you should be performing this proceedure once a month at least. there are few things as frightening and dangerous as a throttle stuck open.. even on a 230.

now get to work! ?