Sign in to follow this  

ttr125/YZ 85 conversion

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the ttr 125 engine crammed into the yz 85 rolling chassis??? If so, does anyone know where i can go to get directions of what mounting brackets need made or some pictures or something???

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED! 😢

Hi,

We provide a YZ85 /TTR125 (L & LE) conversion service for $1900.. Price includes a frame recradling, powdercoating, PRC stainless pipe, airbox mods, aluminum tank, and intake. Call or email us for more information and pics.

Precision Racing Components

www.xtrememinis.com

Ya, but before i would do that, i would rather do the conversion part myself and then have you guys port the engine and get the engine all done up. My plan is to try to go a little different and make a race bike out of this thing. I know everyone thinks that its impossible, but racing is 98 percent rider, and 2 percent bike. So with some suspension, some motor and other work, its doable.

Hi,

We provide a YZ85 /TTR125 (L & LE) conversion service for $1900.. Price includes a frame recradling, powdercoating, PRC stainless pipe, airbox mods, aluminum tank, and intake. Call or email us for more information and pics.

Precision Racing Components

www.xtrememinis.com

sweet, I didnt know you guys were on thumpertalk. I was going to call for the info but its here for me. If i cant sit on a 250f ill be calling you soon 😢

I'm putting yz suspension on my ttr and the front is pretty obvious. The rear is a much bigger job than I first figured. (PRC will do it for a reasonable price)I already own most of the yz suspension so it's hard to turn back after I'm this far. I'm really targeting compression and rebound adjustments and rear disk so the bbr swingarm works shock are steep and arent taking me the distance I want to go. If I didn't have all the $ into the frame cradle/ yz suspension,etc and could start all over again,,,I would probably go the same direction your going! probably work with PRC as much as possible too!

I think its more of a deal than just a few mounting brackets! the carb and airbox are on the side on the ttr motor, yz gas tank wont fit with the big head in the way, exhaust routing is an issue, possibly frame cutting to fit the ttr motor in the frame,, etc. If we get in over our heads PRC is alway there.

Well, thanx for the positive support. The thing is, i have 2 complete bikes. So i can swap the gas tanks, and use other peices that won't fit to frankenstein it. Keep the info coming though please~

I just listed an entire 1998 YZ80 rear end on ebay. I've got the swingarm (with all the hardware), shock, and entire rear brake system all the way from the pedal to the disc. The discussions here had pretty much died out on a YZ conversion so I didn't think anyone would be interested. I started the auctions cheap with no reserve if anyone is interested. I've got a frame also. It's not listed, just sitting in the garage. Here is the swingarm link web page you can find the other parts from that page.