Sign in to follow this  

Central Florida Riding areas

Hey all, I have an Ultimate MXHauler enroute for deleivery next week, so next weekend I hopefully will get to take my bike out for the first time. The question is, where to go in Central Florida? I live in the Orlando area.

I know Crooms is out about an hour from my area, but I want to make sure as a newbie I will not be in the way and cause accidents as I fall over, crash, run over small children and animals, you know.. all the rookie mistakes!

So, considering my lack of experience, is there any good safe areas to start off in where I will not be a hinderance or obstacle to huge numbers of people? Basic trails or soemthing relatively easy would be a good start.

Thanks for any ideas.

Dave

hahahahah damned newbies always hoggin the trail. Gotta remember to carry me a stick to shove in their spokes. 😢

well sir we got crooms. and you wont get in the way of anyone there. then we have ocala which also is too huge to cause a road block then theres down by the end of I-drive but it may still be under water, then there's mxworld at bithlo which by the way is hosting florida trail riders first mx race this weekend stop on by, then there's up on 95 between it and deltona that has miles of riding but it's also prone to flooding, then there kissimmiee park preserve which is still flooded...

me and the kid are in orlando too lets get together and ride man!

I think I would break way to many bones on an MX track at the moment, the thought of jumping makes me think of last time I broke ribs! I need the eperience on the bike to get used to it's handling.

I am all up for riding with ya soon as I get my hauler. We exchanged a few PM's a few weeks ago before I went off on vacation. As long as you don't mind stopping while I pick up my bike off the ground, from within bushes, and with my luck, somehow getting it down from a low lying tree... Hehe...

Dave

Check this place out: HardRock

http://www.hardrockmx.com/

Great place to start and Very easy to ride.......just don't try the HARE SCRAMBLE one. Very Hard. But there are 2 tracks that are Very easy to do. Plus you can camp there too. 😢

I for one Love the place!! 😢

Dbunye it sounds like you and I need to get together next time those guys ride the ONF. It sounds like you ride more like I do, but I just don't fall down that often. Of course I'm not a big jumper either, so that may have something to do with not falling. 😢

Maybe if I ride with you behind those guys I can get a little faster.

I hear my bike has a 4th gear! Imagine that... 😢

Oh yeh, I remember now.

Sure man when ever you get ready we'll do crooms or ocala. But croom would be the best as it has large sections of normal ground. ocala is nearly all sugar sand and it's a freeking pain to ride if you dont have experience with it. It's easy after though. Not too mention ocala is still beat from the hurricanes.

Newbies unite!!! 4th gear? Is there a third? 😢 My bike has only seen three laps around the block, never out of second... hehe Yeah, sounds like we could push each other to do better, lol.

Crooms seems to be the place then. Hopefully I have everything set up by mid next week so I can go there that weekend. Weeeeeeeeee!! 😢

Hey Ripper, I checked that link and it does seem to be a nice MX place for newbies. Only one arial picture though, but I see mention of a 24' wide euro style mx track through the woods. Plus a novice track.

I wish they put more photos up. 😢

Welcome Dave!!! I'm a newbie too!!! I actually learned to ride my bike at a track (Quick Track MX). I'm just learning how to jump and I'm still the slowest one out there. They let me go out when the kiddies are on the track...I know I know, how embarassing, right!! Anyways, if you want to try a track, Bartow has an awesome intermediate track and QuicktrackMx is building a nice trail, but its not ready yet.

Anyways, welcome, good luck, and be safe! 😢

Welcome Dave, all the SE TTers are a great bunch 😢 keep an eye out on the forum for someone riding and just go and ride. They all waited for me the first ride I went on at KPPS? (ofcourse don was lost most of the time 😢) but be ready for a trip up to durumntown in GA 😢 :cry: it's a great place for ANY skill level

Hey Dave, Hardrock has a great intermediate track (Outback) that you would have a blast on.

I'm going out to my Hollopaw property 11/6 to do some repares from the storm. PM me with your e-mail, it would be a great place for you to get back in shape. Lots of fire roads and open trails. Lots of sand too but you need to get used to that in FL. I want to get Dennis out there too, so maybe we can get together the 13th ro 20th.

I definately think everyone on TT has been great. It is great to see such a community of people willing to help others enter the sport. 😢

My wife is interested in going up to Ocala for a parent's night away from the kids, and she is anxious to see me get started riding (since I have bugged her so much about it!)

PM sent. Where is Hollopaw? Around Orlando? Sounds like a great place for riding! That's been one of my concerns about getting the bike, finding enough various areas to ride. I definately envy those up north with the great woods and such. Road trips??? 😢

welcome man but watch out for the drunks from the west coast Tampa Krew, we make a mean Captain and coke right Brett 😢 off to croom 😢

I'm a n00b on here too. 😢

I'm waiting for my trailer to arrive as well. I'll be going to down to Crooms once the trailer arrives and I have time to assemble it.

Road trips??? 😢

yea, of course for me everything is a road trip 😢, but we had a TT SE gathering last Aug. at http://www.durhamtown.com/ about 20-30 (more?) people inc. families came out and a fun time was had by all. you can read about it all over this forum, just browse arround

I have never been to croom as well, so I may have to do the mini road trip

Dennis

Hardrock is cool it reminded me of Durhamtown just closer! 😢 The GP track was very cool. It would be even better if they had big bowl turns at the ends so you could fly right back up the hills.

I didn't get to ride the main track due to the rain when I went but that water tower jump made my knees shake just looking at it. 😢

I didn't get to ride the main track due to the rain when I went but that water tower jump made my knees shake just looking at it.

I here you!! But, HardRock to me is the Best around for just a couple hours drive(that for me).

Orlando is about 1 1/2 hrs. away.........something like that. A Very FUN

place for sure!!! 😢

So whats the story with all these trailers on order? Should I open a trailer store?

"Captain and Coke"... MMMMMMM 😢

So whats the story with all these trailers on order? Should I open a trailer store?

"Captain and Coke"... MMMMMMM 😢

Harbor Freight: $220.00 4x8 foldable trailer delivered to my house. I had one the slighter smaller inexpensive trailers from HF for SCCA autocross events and I was happy with the quality. The price is hard to beat.

Another Orlando based, second-gear slow riding newbie checking in. I've made two trips to Croom and one to ONF so far. Sand is definately a new challange. Would be nice to team up with other riders rather than going at it alone. Anybody able to do weekday rides? 😢