So I've decided I need to have a YZ400...

Well, been doing a lot of research, trying to decide what bike to spend my semi-hard earned ducats on, and finally came to a decision. I'd narrowed it down to a '99ish 250 2-smoke (leaning towards the KX) or the 98-99 YZ400. Finally have decided I need the YZ. The combo of 4-stroke guts and a more MX-style frame/suspension (relative to XRs, DRs, etc) has me smitten. I've got the money, now I just need one of you crazy kids to decide you don't like yours anymore! The sooner I track one down, the sooner I'll be helping you all tear up the dirt! NEED...BIKE...NOW!!! ?

edit: ps. been checking this forum, Seattle Times/nwsource, Cycletrader, Little Nickel, Craigslist, Everett Herald, and Tacoma Tribune (all online of course). Any other suggestions for hunting my blue beast down?

Hey, I've got a '99 WR400F with a Washington License Plate & BajaDesigns dual sport kit. It also has the IMS tank and YZ-style seat. I've ridden the bike since I bought it new and it has worked perfectly, no mechanical breakdowns!!!

The WR style suits better with the woods conditions around here. In the mud and muck the traction is far better than a YZ. In the tight woods the gear box is better than a YZ since you won't be fanning the clutch and possibly killing it when you don't. The wide ration tranny will still allow the bike to top out at 87mph. It has the same frame, brakes and most of the plastic as a YZ. Subtle differences: 18" rear wheel (better for offroad), kickstand (you don't need to find a tree), odometer (how far did you go?), headlight/tail light (night ride?), WR-engine timing (smooth power delivery), spark arrestor (you can ride it on public land), 96 db silencer (you can pass a sound test). All plastic is interchangeable with YZ bikes from 98-2000.

I've ridden desert events, hare scrambles, enduros, motocross, you name it. The bike is very versatile and performed well in every application. My brother in law has had 2 YZs (400F & 426F). I beat him every time and its not because he's a lowsy rider. He finally bought a trail/enduro style KTM so he could have everything I mentioned above.

The bike needs a good home.

I have an 01 WR426 for sale.

Less goodies than some though.

Pretty much just the GPR stabilizer, handguards and a GYTR insert.

I'll see your '01 WR426 w/ minimal mods and RAISE YOU an '01 WR426 w/ YZ bodywork (incl tank), White Bros pipe and VALID WASHINGTON LICENSE PLATE. All this for only $3499.

(17" supermoto and/or 19" dirt track wheels and brakes available for a few xtra bux.)

PM for details.

-Tyler

I suspect it has to do with the fact that the YZ have already changed hands before and are with a owner that plans to keep it for awhile. The WR's when bought tend to be by people who don't buy new bike every year.

((whispers) "get the WR") ?

I have an 01 WR426 for sale.

Less goodies than some though.

Pretty much just the GPR stabilizer, handguards and a GYTR insert.

I'll see your '01 WR426 w/ minimal mods and RAISE YOU an '01 WR426 w/ YZ bodywork (incl tank), White Bros pipe and VALID WASHINGTON LICENSE PLATE. All this for only $3499.

OK OK I will throw in the stock steel bars and 4 worn out tires for $3200. ?

PM for directions. ?

Derek

Is this turning into a bidding war?

I've got the stock tank/seat (plus the IMS/YZ seat), extra plastic, new graphics, new rubber and a free set of tie downs. Also the buyer can rummage through my shelves of excess riding gear....All for the low, low price of $2999.95.

Come on down and see me today!

I just bought a 98 YZ400 this past summer, it's a great bike for messing around on. It might be heavier than the new ones, but I'm never gonna race a pro National with it.

I got mine mechanically great, but the cosmetics could use a little work.

I gotta admit, though, that if someone had a STREET LICENSED WR or YZ, I'd be trading that thing off for it in a heart beat.

Listen to these guys!! Wide ratio...blahblah...street licensed...blahblah....wet, muddy conditions....blahblah....

Unless you plan on doing more MX than woods riding, get the YZ...otherwise, you've been warned! ?

Listen to these guys!! Wide ratio...blahblah...street licensed...blahblah....wet, muddy conditions....blahblah....

Unless you plan on doing more MX than woods riding, get the YZ...otherwise, you've been warned! ?

Isn't this backwards..... ?

I have a 2001 YZ426 that I bought new. Still running like a champ and puts any 2005 bike to shame when it comes to looks...

Fly Racing triple clamps, Black Pro-Taper bars, ASV-Levers, SDG seat, Renthal R1 chain, Full FMF Titanium Exhaust system, Black Excel rims, Full BBR (Brown Brothers Racing) suspension, Pro-Taper aluminum throttle tube, 2004 HotWheels graphic kit... Trying to sell for $4,000