Sign in to follow this  

Anyone live near Gorman OHV area?

I had been planning on going to the Gorman OHV area tomorrow (Sat 10/30) for a couple weeks now but with the rains we've had I don't know how it is up there. I live almost two hours south of there in Orange County and I'd hate to drive all the way up there tomorrow morning only to get there and find it all muddy.

Does anyone have experience with that place after it rains? Does it get muddy or does it hold up pretty good? I know a lot of the sandwash areas would be great, but I like a lot of the tight singletrack trails there.

I have a few friends that went out there last weekend. Said the dirt was great - but the place was crowded, had to unload and ride far away from the main trails.

Rode mt. pinos (next to gorman) it was in great

condition. a few puddles around but better than

the dust bowl that place can be. gorman looked

to be in great shape. it wasnt to crowded either

(10/23-10/24)

Gorman is my home playground, and it is wonderful after it rains, but in the last few years gorman has closed off now about 50% of 5 years ago but still has the same amount of people going, in southern cali terms 2 hours is a short drive to go riding, but gorman on a busy weekend is not worth it. Talk to buddies and go somewhere else even if its Stadder wells or something like that, where there is more room to move around even if it is busy.

I just called there and they said it's super muddy and quicksand! I think I'll have to put it off for a while.

The last time I was there was last winter for the Dirt Rider magazine annual 24 hour test/party and they had a loop of about 12-15 miles laid out that was a blast. I've been wanting to go back there ever since before I forget that loop. Maybe in a few weeks... 😢