Sign in to follow this  

Plaster City to Ocotillo Wells

Has anyone ridden from (or to)Plaster City OHV to (or from) Ocotillo Wells? The most north I have ridden at Plaster City was on the road that runs along side of the railroad track maybe thirty minutes in from near the plant. In Ocotillo, we have ridden north of the 78 freeway in the OHV. I have been in my truck into the Fish Creek area to the south, but that area is off limits to offroad vehicles. I have the BLM map of the area, and it shows access roads between the two areas.

Has anyone made this trip? How many miles is it? How long did it take? Is it open to offroad vehicles?

It would be great to know - thanks,

Its doable, actually really easy depending on the route. once you hit the railroad tracks you follow em around the mountain and look for the tower at the blue inn. I ussually end up having to do some x-country riding but that s the desert. I dont think its legal however to x-c it. Hope that helps. oh yeah the restraunt in ocotillo has a pretty good map that I think shows the route. I'm out at the o' wells this weekend but would join you fpor this ride some time.

Miguel

i have never done it from plaster city to ocatillo wells but i have done it from superstition to ocatillo wells.

from superstition to my desert rose in ocatillo and back is 65 miles. if i rode hard i could probably make it there in about 40 minutes or so i would think. taking it slow and just having fun takes us about an hour and a half.

so if you were to take off from plaster city i would think that it would only add a few miles to that total.

oh i forgot to add that if you want to go to superstition from ocatillo wells then ride to the blue inn. There is a wash right next to it called tarantula wash. ride that for a few miles until you meet up with the telephone poll road. Take that ALL the way into superstition.

Great, fast ride from Plaster city east to Ocotillo Wells. Follow train tracks north. Watch for other vehicles and bikes/quads first 10 miles or so, then clear sailing. A lot of un with a good, high geared bike. 😢