Sign in to follow this  

should i buy 05 model yz 250f

is there alot of things new with the 05 model is it worth buying. and if some one has bought one from yamaha dealership how much do you pay a mounth.

I bought the 05 last weekend. I can't give ya to much info about the bike cause I'm new to bikes. I can tell ya, I felt like I worked them pretty good on the price.

The first sit down they came back with a price sheet of around $7600. They even tried to add a market adjustment of $500. I left.

Next time I got them down to MSRP out the door. That means tax/license/dealer prep and delivery all included. Thats about $1200 bucks squeezed in. So I felt pretty good.

They will try to sell ya the insurance and warranty at closing. Very pricy, I passed on the insurance but am having second thoughts. My insurance guy is telling me $380 a year, yamaha offered a 5 yr policy for $500. Oh well.

i got a place in my town where they have the 05 .but havent been there. how much would a 05 cost regular. i doent need anything like the insurance. i just want the bike and they prob give me like 200 bucks under the asking price. what do you think it will come out to wit tax?. and do you have to replace the vaules every year and how muhc do they cost.

I have mixed feelings about the 05, I really wanna try one out before I say for sure. They changed the forks again this year, hopefully for the better. This time they went with the dual chamber design, similar to the showas on the honda counterpart. I can say that I and most people that have ridden my bike prefer the forks on the 04 yamaha to those on the CRF. It seems the YZ's forks are more plush, hence less abuse through braking bumps, or in the woods over roots/rocks and such. It seems to have a softer high speed compression. The 04 forks were also great about bottoming resistance. I am thoroughly pleased with mine, enough that the gold valves I have had for my bike since may are still sitting on the shelf (will put them on one day but susp feels awesome now). At any rate the reviews say that the new yammies feel more like the hondas in the front, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I do like the idea of the revised intake port/combustion chamber if it really does net more HP/TQE. I also like the idea of reduced unsprung weight in the swingarm. I honestly think the bike by and by will be an improvement, I just know I am REALLY impressed with the 04's suspension compared to the earlier YZ250F offerings. So has everyone else, that I know personally, who has tried the 04 yzf vs. the 04 crf

For 2005 They have a new 48mm fork and a lighter swingarm, and some new motor work which includes new intake ports, new combustion chamber and a redesigned piston, and some revised ignition mapping. The beast revs out the same as last year though at 13,500 rpm. Yamaha doesn't need to do much at all to their 250F, it has been the best since introduction. Other manufacturers simply cannot compete, they try hard though... 😢

my boy had a 2001yzf250 then a 2003 (for sell) we just bought him a 2005. He told me right away that it was much better than his 03. I figured he was just saying that because it was new. The other day I went riding and rode my trusty 2003 yz 250 for about 30mins. straight. then I went over and jumped on his 05 250f..WOW! let me tell you that suspension is like nothing I have ever ridden. I am now trying to figure out how to get a new for me. of course I want to stay on a 2 stroke. but a 05 250 will be sitting in my garage. in mine and my sons opinion the 05 is that much better.

Are the 06's comming out with the all new alum frame? If it does myswell wait for that 😢

Yes...can't wait!! Yamaha sales will go through the roof!! I know of at least 10 CRF riders that will switch over in 2006.

Not much lighter. It's nothing to go head over heals for. But since the frame is aluminum, but still has the stregnth of a steel frame, the handeling isn't all notchy like a alum. framed crf.

My 05 is broken in and is *ucking incredible.....The suspension soaks up the small bumps (braking bumps) with the lightest touch and handles the huge full travel landings with grace. The motor feels like a 2 stroke but with a very broad power band that has the grunt down low all the way to the rev. limiter !!! I takes turns one gear higher on this bike than I did on a 2stroke and it pulls right through them . This bike is so easy to ride it will make YOU look good (and fast) 😢 If you need (want) a bike now get the 05 or wait?? for the aluminum frame....I do not think the frame alone will make that big of a diferance? But I could be wrong.Just ask any honda guy who got

the first year aluminum

frame bike if he still has it( i doubt he still does )

Robert

My 05 is broken in and is *ucking incredible.....The suspension soaks up the small bumps (braking bumps) with the lightest touch and handles the huge full travel landings with grace. The motor feels like a 2 stroke but with a very broad power band that has the grunt down low all the way to the rev. limiter !!! I takes turns one gear higher on this bike than I did on a 2stroke and it pulls right through them . This bike is so easy to ride it will make YOU look good (and fast) 😢 If you need (want) a bike now get the 05 or wait?? for the aluminum frame....I do not think the frame alone will make that big of a diferance? But I could be wrong.Just ask any honda guy who got

the first year aluminum

frame bike if he still has it( i doubt he still does )

Robert

Its not really first year. The 125's and 250's have them with no problems, plus Yamaha has been doing Yamaha frames on thier streetbikes...

I know ill get shot down for this but the hype surrounding the 06 aluminium frame ????? is just hype. The CR250F is less than half a kg lighter than the YZ250F. Chromoly is renowned for its vibration absorbtion and durabilty / fatigue resistance. Its all marketing hype and the sooner people get that through their thick heads the less resale value our fantastic 02, 03, 04 YZ250F' s will lose.

Every year the bike gets new features, some are of real value and add to performance, some are simply marketable. Personally id love to see them spend the money on a better pipe / header or CDI with variable mapping.

Actually the aluminum frame results in about a 4 pound weight loss, which is not simply hype. I agree it is not the "be all, end all" and does not improve the handling. The benefit is weight loss. I have the new YZ125 and the bike handles great so the aluminum frame does not cause problems as did the original Honda frames. Weight loss matters to me so I'm going to wait for next year. On the more subjective side, I ust think the aluminum frame looks awesome!