Sign in to follow this  

Colored Tires...Anyone....Anyone

She would look pretty good on my supermoto!!! Even better on my lap!!!! 😢

Oh, the tires, no likey!!! 😢

maybe for a custom street tard.........but you would get laughed off the track with them.

I'd get laughed off the track anyway, My interest is purely for the street. 😢 :cry: Do you know if they are worth a damn? 😢

I doubt the color changes a thing as far as the performance of the tire goes. Afterall, "black" tires are tinted that color at the factory.

I doubt the color changes a thing as far as the performance of the tire goes. Afterall, "black" tires are tinted that color at the factory.

What color would they be naturally?

A buddy of mine has been running their black slicks on his supermoto bike and likes them well enough. Plus, they're pretty inexpensive.

maybe for a custom street tard.........but you would get laughed off the track with them.

Not if you win with them! 😢

But seriously, I have read that they have decent grip, but that they have roundness and balance issues. They are essentially retreads. If you like them they should be OK, but I personally wouldn't put my faith in them.

Mike

😢

What color would they be naturally?

"Natural" rubber would be a yellowish tint. But since most tires now days use a syntheic rubber, its more a light grey I think.

...They are essentially retreads.

Well, sort of...but not quite the same as the type of retreads you'd find on a big rig truck, for example.

Tomahawk takes the tire down to the core...to a point where the tire once was during the original building process. Then they just build it again. It's not the same as just slapping a new tread on top of the old tread.