Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sport MX !!!!!!!!

Last sunday 4 of us tried MX on dualsports at a nearby track,the track put on a dual sport only race during intermission.

We had 3 days notice for this little adventure,so getting prepared wasnt gonna hapen,the night before race I pulled off the TW's and spooned on nobs by moonlight,put on a 13 th front,pulled mirror off,changed oil and called it good to go..

This was the 1st time I ever saw a real MX track in my life and I was going to race on it,if thats what you want to call what I was doing :lol:being as I'm pretty much out in the sticks I was expecting a few small jumps,maybe some small whoops,and more or less a wide fast trail type track,WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!what I saw at least to me was huge jumps,huge never ending whoops, step ups that looked more like short hill climbs then something I wanted to be flying over :lol:I dont think I've ever been so nervious(maybe terrified would be a better word) in my life,or had so much fun...

To be honest I realy sucked bad,I couldnt relax at all,but now I know what to expect next time,I will definatly be in better shape, and I will definatly get in at least a couple practice days,I am sure my nerves hurt me much more than my riding ability I kept doing crap that I know better then be doing,I just couldnt get any confidence and let'er rip,if I was 15 years younger I could get seriously hooked on that crap,42 years old and my 1st trip to a MX track I must have something loose in my head 😢

the pics tell the story much better then words....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sargentrab/album?.dir=mail&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

thats pretty cool.they have "trail bike" classes sometimes here,but never "dual sport".

your second time will be much more fun. 😢

thats pretty cool.they have "trail bike" classes sometimes here,but never "dual sport".

your second time will be much more fun. 😢

They are talking about trying some differant stuff next year,to get more dual sports involved,one idea was make a shortcut through one of the water ponds or take long way on track,anouther was a harescramble type race,the main draw at thunder hill is a banked oval for cars,they are talking about using MX track,banked oval,and cutting some trail in nearby timber,for the harescramble type race I think us dual sporters would have a advantage in places for that,I can see speeds close to 100mph on the oval and the wide open stretch between MX track and oval..

I am realy thinking hard about trying to find a old'r cheap MX bike to trash and build up my confidence,for what I want a early to mid 90's 125 should work,lighter and not near as much stuff to bust off,I see them in the paper once in a while for about what one good crash would cost on the DRZ... 😢