Sign in to follow this  

tc 250 big bore kit?

Does any body increase displacementon the 250 four strokes? It would make a neat bike really great.

George Earle at up-tite racing is working on 300 and 330 kits. George told me they are about a month from being ready. He said there are some prototypes runing right know and they rip! 😢

I wonder if George Erl got his large gas tank project finished? Haven't heard anything about that since IMS released their 3.1 gallon tank last month?

Why bother? By the time ya spend the extra bucks you could have easily bought the 450.

Any updates on the 300cc kit??? I have my head off now so it is of interest as I plan to re-ring it. I noted the parts manual has the same base gasket for the 250 and 450. What about a 300cc head gasket?, the stock TE 250 head gasket has a formed metal ring around the piston, so a special head gasket would be needed. Sure a 2005/2006 TE 450 will be my next bike, but a sleeper 250 would be fun, besides some physics with the lower crank rotational mass of the 250 make it more flickable - that said I have seen 450's zoom through the tight woods.

MSTex

I wonder if George Erl got his large gas tank project finished? Haven't heard anything about that since IMS released their 3.1 gallon tank last month?

He just used the proto pre running Baja...900+ miles. Said it worked awsome. 😢

I just spoke with Jay at Hals Cycle and sounds like he is close to finishing a 327cc bigbore kit for the TE250's as well as stainless valves (standard and over size for both 250 and 450's) and other cool items for the New Huskys and hopes to have them ready by the new year.

William

Santa Cruz

This sounds really cool... Nice to improve the valves, and get some serious grunt at the same time. 😢