Sign in to follow this  

red sticker--green sticker

I am looking for a list of red sticker bikes and green sticker bikes, I want to buy a new dirt bike this year, or maybe early next year and I need green, but I have not found one on the web. Maybe you guys and gals could tell me which are which!

I will put a list together and go from there.

Thanks

Cecil

Motomax

2000.5 Aprilia Mille 😢

2002 Kawasaki KLX300 😢

2003 Suzuki JR80 (pair) 😢

1998 Yamaha PW80 😢

Pretty much any "pure-bred" motocross bike will be red-sticker... in other words, any bike designed or intended for closed-course competition use only. These bikes don't meet certain emission or noise limits.

Green-sticker bikes are mostly trailbikes or bikes not solely made for closed course competition. Those bikes DO meet emissions and noise-limit requirements and are intended to be used on trails and in parks, etc.

Example: Honda CRF250R - closed-course race bike

Honda CRF250X - open-course bike

Although both can be used as race bikes, the 250X comes equipped with a spark arrestor and a few other minor changes in the engine to meet emissions standards.

😢

Here's what you do:

Buy a 2005 (or whenever you want the bike) CRF 450x (green sticker bike) and part out all the "x" parts (lights, battery ect.) Now, except for the wide ratio tranny, you have a green stickered race bike 😢 :cry: