Sign in to follow this  

breather pipe re route question

well i do through plenty of water so to be safe i am going to move the pipe.

i want to put it in the airbox as its probably the driest place on the bike

as long as their are no pinches in the tube it should be ok right?

will having the pipe facing up hill be a problem?

anything else i should know would be great

thanks 😢

I change my oil every ride day, but I doubt that it uses any oil. It's been done like this on cars since the 70's.

It's not dead air in that tube either. The piston going up and down causes the air to travel in and out of the tube. Not only will it pull water all the way up the tube from the stock placement, it will suck dust into the engine all day long.

Thats why I went with filtering the tube.

ok thanks for the pic but my question remains

will it matter if the breather end of the pipe is higher than the head of the engine?

ahh got cha. You meant vacumn put on the hose from the intake pulling air out of the engine.

As I said I change oil every ride day so I would not be able to project oil consumption over an extended period. I have never seen the carb throat or boot oily causing me to suspect it was pulling fogged oil from the engine. Finally I would assume it would not use any more oil that normally or all the cars that have pcv systems would have shown that.

As to the hose being tilted in one direction or another I havent seen any adverse affects. But I have to admit I am kind of lost as to what the danger would be. The tube is mounted to the filtered side of the air filter. there isnt much in there but clean air.