Sign in to follow this  

Giving him his first bath...pics afterward.

Got nearly 2000 miles on the 400sr, I think it's time for a bath...I've changed the oil 4-5 times, but never washed it. 😢 :cry: I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Nice! I like the bike better in green. Who makes the bag on the back? That is real clean looking. 😢

Nice, green looks good, but everyone recognizes that it's just a little slower 😢 :cry:. Railroader, you gotta loose the Deathwings 😢 :cry:

Rambo, the bag is a Quad-Boss ATV tank bag with a piece of street sign inside for stability. There are pics of the whole mod if you look back a bit. Search "cool storage idea". I think that was it...

Aspencop, the deathwings are going, as soon as I can replace them with the 17's...and that will happen as soon as someone buys that damned ATV 😢 :cry:

The bag on the front fender looks smaller than the OEM rear where did you purchase it from i have been looking for one for mine

The bag on the front fender looks smaller than the OEM rear where did you purchase it from i have been looking for one for mine

Nope, that is the stock item, complete with plastic liner.

I mounted it to open foreward, so the flap stays over the zipper in the wind. 😢

Holy !@#$

Tell me you've never had that thing in the dirt! It looks brand new. My bike, same year, looks like I loaned it to Seth Enslow for a couple of weeks.

Holy !@#$

Tell me you've never had that thing in the dirt! It looks brand new. My bike, same year, looks like I loaned it to Seth Enslow for a couple of weeks.

Mostly street, and state land fire roads. Nothing real nasty. I bought it new about 6 months ago, it was a leftover.

how did ya manage to wash it up so clean? 😢

any dirtbike of mine would never look so clean 😢

especially yamaha, those sucky blue plastic... 😢 :cry:

how did ya manage to wash it up so clean? 😢

1/2 water, 1/2 Purple Stuff in a garden sprayer. Spray on, let it sit about 5 min, hose off. Don't let the Purple stuff stay on very long, though. Next hit the high spots with a soapy rag, rinse again. Wipe down the plastic with WD-40 on a rag...Done. 😢

i only use soapy water to clean and rinse off with water, i wonder if i can get "purple stuff" over here. 😢

anyway, thanks for the tips. 😢

i only use soapy water to clean and rinse off with water, i wonder if i can get "purple stuff" over here. 😢

anyway, thanks for the tips. 😢

can you say Honda 3500psi and a six pack is all ya need to clean your machine 😢 :cry:

I am pretty new at this, and this might be a stupid question....what are death wings??

--------------------------------------------

2003 KLX400R

CFC case savers

Devol rad gaurds

uncorked

what are death wings??

That's the stock tires on the 'S' model. Trail 'death' wings they've been tagged because they suck off-road.

o.k. I am glade I got the dirt only model, could of got the dual, but figured I went to get a dirt bike, if I am going to get street bike my next one would be a hog.