Sign in to follow this  

450 big bore kit

hello all is there any problems that arise from installing a 450 KIT ON A 2001 400 EXC ?thx matt

My main problem was trying to wipe the silly grin off my face all summer. 😢 Went together easily, and makes significantly more power, smoothly throughout the power band. I stayed with the stock cam, as my riding area rewards torque more than high end horsepower. Others go with a different cam (806?) that is reported to give similar bottom end to the 400, but with more peak power and longer "over rev".

To date no complaints of any sort, it gives me EXACTLY the power I wanted. Travis D-37 over at KTMtalk was extremely helpful.

Good luck!

The kit is $435 with a cylinder exchange. It includes shipping, replated cylinder, piston, gaskets, and master link every thing needed to install. If your interested or have more questions give me a call at the # in my sig or you can pm me here.

I have the kit Travis mentioned above.

Same bike, 01 400 exc

would not go back.

If you choose to do the install, it is very straight forward if you have any mechanical ability. There is only one special tool needed (to repeen the cam chain) but Travis has those too.

I personally can't see why anyone would NOT do this mod!

All the great traits of the 400 plus the extra punch!

Oh and leave the 400 stickers on 😢