Sign in to follow this  

Cowbell, Nov 6

I received my pre-enty package, my number is 66a. I'm sure looking forward to this one, I haven't ridden a D36 enduro since the Polecat in 2001!

Anyone know how the rain has been in that area? Do we have to worry about the snow that cancelled the 49er?

I'll be there Friday afternoon, come by and say hi.

There was quite a bit of rain in the area last week but it should not be a problem. There is no rain in the forecast for this week. It should be a great event.

I usually work the start/finish. Name is Jim, say "hi" if you see me.

Mike,

rode there yesterday, excellent conditions with some very deep puddles and some muddy sections. If it does not rain until Saturday it should be pretty good but maybe with some dust in some sections.

What class are you riding ?

I think I am on row 65, need to check.

😢

Thanks for the reply, looks to be another epic event. I just hope I can keep up and not fall off the edge of one of the trails like I did in 2000. Ended up loosing 12 minutes getting my bike back on the trail and never could get them back.

I'm in the Senior C class, at least until April when I get to move up to the Super Senior class.

Where exactly are they holding the cowbell this year. A few buddies and I are going up to ride near Lake Pillsbury this weekend and would not want to run into a race. Thanks JP 😢

jpfire:

The event starts at Middlecreek Campground and uses system trails heading out toward Pillsbury. If you are on a trail with blue and white arrows, you are on the course.

Why not enter the event? If you ride the area a lot, you might have a great time following the arrows. The sign-ups are open on Friday and at 6am Saturday, the morning of the event.

Jim

JugleJim thanks for the info....I'm riding with a bunch of Hollister firefighters and on Saturday were going up Hull mountain, so were out of the way. Most of us are just trail riding now. When we race we tend to go way over our heads and we all love going to work the next day. On Sunday we are going to hit the same trails the race was on. I'll keep on eye out for your blood-sweat & tears. 😢 Hope you all have a great race. Ciao JP 😢

Thanks, JP. You might want to keep an eye out for course workers pulling arrows on the course on Sunday. We will be pulling arrows and doing trail maintenance. There will be a lot of folks on the course on bikes and on foot.

Jim

Mike,

what happend, saw that you made it 3 checks and then ???

Sorry I couldn't say hi, but we were pretty late at the line up.

I fell off one of the edges and lost about ten minutes getting the bike back up. No injury though.