Sign in to follow this  

Got my '05 today...seriously

Well my day finally came. Rob Keith personally drove my '05 TE450 to Ridersville Cycle (WV) for their open house. He told me I got the first one in the States! It is sweet. Fit and finish are top notch. He also had a '05 TE 250 and 510 there for demos. What a day! Lee

wow congratulations!! give us a ride report...or is it too much winter allready back there for you? naw go out and ride in the slush, mud and whatever. we need a ride report! 😢

Actually we had some very nice weather in Virginny today so I rode it for about an hour. I just putted around and didn't even make it past half throttle. I'm coming off an XR650R so this thing feels light! It wants to fall on its ear compared to my BRP. The last Husky I had was a '96 WXC250 and I've forgotten how nice the fit and finish is on these bikes. It looks even better in person than in pics. It started right up, "seemed" to carburete well. Hopefully I'll get it out more tomorrow to get a better feel. I'd post some pics but don't have a web page, if someone does I'll send some to you if anyone wants to see the bike with some mud on it! Lee

Actually we had some very nice weather in Virginny today so I rode it for about an hour. I just putted around and didn't even make it past half throttle. I'm coming off an XR650R so this thing feels light! It wants to fall on its ear compared to my BRP. The last Husky I had was a '96 WXC250 and I've forgotten how nice the fit and finish is on these bikes. It looks even better in person than in pics. It started right up, "seemed" to carburete well. Hopefully I'll get it out more tomorrow to get a better feel. I'd post some pics but don't have a web page, if someone does I'll send some to you if anyone wants to see the bike with some mud on it! Lee

Have you found a fisherman to buy that XR650 yet? That thing is gonna make a great boat anchor.

Congrats on the new baby in the family!

Cool, I'm happy for you and your new bike, first of '05. Very cool! You can store and post some pics for free at www.photobucket.com.

Check out the details in the first message thread under general forums, pictures and videos.

Post us some pics. They'd be fun to see. 😢

ktl...

Couple of ?s

Where are the headlight & taillight????

Did you swap the bars and bar clamps to oversize & protaper?

If so, what bend and clamp did you use?

How does the seat tank junction feel?

Awesome...can't wait for mine to come.... 😢

1 more year till my car payments are done, then I hope to post pics of my new 06!

great pictures! Thanks!

Couple of ?s

Where are the headlight & taillight????

Did you swap the bars and bar clamps to oversize & protaper?

If so, what bend and clamp did you use?

How does the seat tank junction feel?

Awesome...can't wait for mine to come.... 😢

Mine came set up like this but came with two boxes for the enduro kit. Headlight, front headlight number plate, odo/speedo, engine guards, etc. Yes I swapped the stock bars out. I have to have my Randy Hawkins woods high! I used my BRP clamps from my BRP and they fit like a champ! The seat tank junction feels pretty slim...now keep in mind I'm coming off a XR650R so everything I sit on feels slim. I have about 2 hours on it now and one thing I can say is all you guys were right. Power is super linear and deceptively fast. It starts right now too. The is NO delay...two squirts (cold), choke pulled and blammo! One thing I've noticed is the adjustability of the suspension. The clickers seem very sensitive full soft to hard. Going through the woods I can tell this thing is going to dominate, handling, flopping side to side, dodging trees are no problem...again I'm coming off my BRP. On that note though the TE feels super stable too..haven't got it to shake its head yet but I'm a East Coaster, I'm sure the desert guys might think differently. Well I'll keep everyone updated if anyone's interested, but I'm sure glad I listened to all you TE lovers. You were dead on!

husky8.jpg

husky6.jpg

Kelly,

Do you know if the radiator guards will fit the '05's? I'm assuming the skidplate and case saver will work right? Also, I like the brake to 'ride high' but it seems to be super close to the clutch cover....only about an 1/8" away. This seems like an accident going somewhere to happen. A hard spill on the right side and oil could go bye bye. Does anyone know of any products that "beef" the clutch cover up like those stick on aluminum guards you see on DRZ's? A brake snake I won't think will remedy this. Anyone have a good fix for this? I need protection! :DThanks.

Lee

Kelly,

Do you know if the radiator guards will fit the '05's? I'm assuming the skidplate and case saver will work right? Also, I like the brake to 'ride high' but it seems to be super close to the clutch cover....only about an 1/8" away. This seems like an accident going somewhere to happen. A hard spill on the right side and oil could go bye bye. Does anyone know of any products that "beef" the clutch cover up like those stick on aluminum guards you see on DRZ's? A brake snake I won't think will remedy this. Anyone have a good fix for this? I need protection! :DThanks.

Lee

Congrats! Looks sweat. 😢 Are those frame guards down low stock? I wonder if they'd fit the '04s? Are you gonna throw on some Cycris Probends? Lotta folks run the Tripple clamp side mount version. Makes the top real strong on spills.

ktl...

Congrats on the new Husky. I bought my 04 TE450 from Harold at Ridersville. I was not able to make it to the open house, which I REGRET like hell NOW. Have fun on it. They are great bikes, and Ridersville is a great dealer. Go Husky!!!!

Right on! Now we don't have to wait until somebody comes out with over priced frame guards.

Seeing as you own one, has Husky announced the pricing on the 05s yet? My dealer says he doesnt have any 05 prices as of yet.