Grey Wire Mod On '05 WR

I pulled mine. Runs better. Took the advice of others and pushed it out of the connector (6 wire on '05) instead of cutting. Thought about taking a picture for the "didn't-have-a-clue" dealer but decided ...naaah, f'em.

However, if you do the t-stop and gray wire along with exahust baffle removal, be prepared for hard throttle backfire (at least at my elevation/temp - 500ft/85 deg). Thinking of re-installing snorkle until I can get ahold of the "JD" jet kit ..............sounds much better with snorkle out.

ENJOY the bike !!!

I can't understand it either, surely they can create some kind of knowledge sharing database. Unorganized dirtbikers are doing it all over the world.

Texas I highly recommend the JD kit but if you think your getting a lean backfire when your winding it on hard you can adjust the standard needle up a clip (put the circlip down one notch) rather than putting the snorkle back in.

Yeah, it's definitely lean. I've also wondered the possibility of just tweaking the fuel mix screw out richer some. Did anyone experiment this step before going into carb.?? Results?? I know I'll do the JD kit but I'm just curious.

The JD kit is obviously a good thing, but based on my experience the zip-ty is all I needed to get my bike going 'right'. I took the snorkle out, did the air box mod, throttle stop, etc...all I had to do was install the zip-ty and all off throttle back fire stopped. I think some people get a little carried away and don't take baby steps when doing this work themselves. Just my opinion... ?

The JD kit is obviously a good thing, but based on my experience the zip-ty is all I needed to get my bike going 'right'. I took the snorkle out, did the air box mod, throttle stop, etc...all I had to do was install the zip-ty and all off throttle back fire stopped. I think some people get a little carried away and don't take baby steps when doing this work themselves. Just my opinion... ?

Ditto, think I'll give that a try.