What Knee brace???

I hurt my l knee moto-ing, it does'nt need surgery but I will need a good brace for racing from nom on. I know that there are a few braces out there(Web,astricks ect)Ive been told that some are real uncomfortable, what brace is the best??? Vet rider crf450...thanx in advance!

Does anyone know what they changed on the new asterisk cells? I got mine a few months ago so I assume they are the old ones, but so far they have been pretty good except for a string that broke which holds the cup to the brace. My brother broke the bottom peice on his though, when he crashed.

I've one gripe against wearing knee braces and I wore the Asterisks anytime I threw a leg over. An ACL tear is a hell of a lot less painful than a femur break and the rehab time is much less.

When I crashed, it wouldn't have mattered either way since the bike landed on me but I've heard of lots of guys, instead of blowing out a knee, break their tib and fib or femur. They rodded my femur through the knee since my pelvis broken and that was the 4th of July this year and you know what? It still hurts! And I walk around like a gimp still. I think I rather would have blown out my ACL again (and I've torn both of mine).

Other than that, knee braces are good to wear. You get additional support using them but they only decrease your chance of injury by 30%. I tore my right one coming out of a turn with braces on. My heel hooked a little bump in the ground and POP!

Just beware they won't save from everything. Still wouldn't ride without them.

Try and get your doctor to get you a percription for a CTi. When I wrecked my knee over summer and went to the orthopedic I asked them abot knee braces and they gladyly wrote me a perscription. TOok a couple weeks for the insurnace company to approve it but worth the wait.